Who Goes When Gausman Returns?

olehippi

One thing Reimold does have going for him is that he is RH. If they let him go then either Snider or Parmelee has to play vs a lefty. One of Wieters/Paredes will sit and Lough and Flaherty won't play.

Snider's career OPS splits:

.716 vs RHP (1,6009 PA)

.706 vs LHP (311 PA)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing Reimold does have going for him is that he is RH. If they let him go then either Snider or Parmelee has to play vs a lefty. One of Wieters/Paredes will sit and Lough and Flaherty won't play.

Roch says...

Nolan Reimold has been reduced to working in a platoon, but he also plays all three outfield spots and has underrated speed and some important supporters in the organization.

It's always interesting to watch these things play out. I miss Delmon.

Roch says...

It's always interesting to watch these things play out. I miss Delmon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Delmon back after the deadline or in late August and come up in September. If we make a move for one or two everyday starters then we won't have to carry all these corner OF's. We need a debt consolidation trade. Our 40 man roster come September is going to be legit.

Flaherty is my prediction to go down. But Reimold should be the one to go. Just looking ahead at the probable starters we'll be facing, we'll only see one lefty before the 31st. Matt Moore against the Rays. We could possibly see another in the braves series. So we're looking at Reimold only playing 2 games until the 31st.

Being a part of platoon as the right handed part of it give yo almost no -playing time in the AL East an American league in general. It is to the point now that you get to play as much as the back up catcher and have no chance to stay sharp. You may gt a pinch hit appearece he or there and one start a week.

The team has too many platoon players who aren't very good. Flaherty and Lough both belong on the team because they are serviceable backups (and Lough can play center). The other 4 guys - Snider, Pearce, Reimold and Parmele aren't very good players lol. That said, it makes the most sense for Parmele or Reimold.

Off topic but I still shake my head that Travis Snider was THE offseason acquisition.

The team has too many platoon players who aren't very good. Flaherty and Lough both belong on the team because they are serviceable backups (and Lough can play center). The other 4 guys - Snider, Pearce, Reimold and Parmele aren't very good players lol. That said, it makes the most sense for Parmele or Reimold.

Off topic but I still shake my head that Travis Snider was THE offseason acquisition.

I really like Travis Snider.

And the offseason acquisition was keeping Chris Davis.

Archived