Who Goes When Gausman Returns?

olehippi

The team has too many platoon players who aren't very good. Flaherty and Lough both belong on the team because they are serviceable backups (and Lough can play center). The other 4 guys - Snider, Pearce, Reimold and Parmele aren't very good players lol. That said, it makes the most sense for Parmele or Reimold.

Off topic but I still shake my head that Travis Snider was THE offseason acquisition.

It's not like we were going over 120 million or committing to any long contracts,

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's an interesting thought. I mean, I have more confidence in Givens in relief than Norris. So at what point does he finally just get cut? Could be right now.

If Buck uses Norris as a typical MR/SU guy, then I think(HOPE) we will start seeing good results. If you just take away Bud's salary and what he did as a starter. I know it's hard. But with a clean slate out of the pen he profiles better than a guy that we'd have to trade for to pitch in the 7th inning. There is no reason that he can't give us Chaz Roe type production if he is used like Chaz Roe. Match him up and let him just throw fastballs and sliders.

Keep as in we kept him. We offered him (Davis) arbitration and tendered him a contract, as we did with several arbitration eligible players. As apposed to not doing that and not keeping him.

Do you know what acquisition means?

I think all signs point towards Reimold. With Pearce hitting again, he can platoon with Snider in left or at DH with Paredes. Nolan is a nice story, but at this stage, he's an up down guy and if he's lost for some reason, the Orioles have some depth in the minors with Alvarez and Walker as right-handed bats. With Davis and Pearce being able to play the outfield, Reimold doesn't have much of a role on this team at this time.

If Buck uses Norris as a typical MR/SU guy, then I think(HOPE) we will start seeing good results. If you just take away Bud's salary and what he did as a starter. I know it's hard. But with a clean slate out of the pen he profiles better than a guy that we'd have to trade for to pitch in the 7th inning. There is no reason that he can't give us Chaz Roe type production if he is used like Chaz Roe. Match him up and let him just throw fastballs and sliders.

Chaz Roe can actually get left-handers out and Norris has been unimpressive in his relief outings. Instead of getting a bump in stuff, it's looks the opposite. Some guys just don't warm up quickly well.

Chaz Roe can actually get left-handers out and Norris has been unimpressive in his relief outings. Instead of getting a bump in stuff, it's looks the opposite. Some guys just don't warm up quickly well.

I didn't think about the warming up part. Just looking for a silver lining because I don't think he's going anywhere this year. Maybe Hunter would be a better comp. Any reason why we haven't seen a velo spike from Norris like we did for Hunter?

Until you offer a arb three a tender, you have not kept him. Like Vanna always says...Big Money!

I know that, but thanks for clearing it up anyway. I asked for clarification on what you meant by acquisition since acquisition in a sports' context is generally used when an addition is made. Chris Davis wasn't added to the team that's why I wasn't sure what you meant at first. Just a mis-communication.

I do. You need that explained as well?

You do? You sure about that :rolleyes:

I know that, but thanks for clearing it up anyway. I asked for clarification on what you meant by acquisition since acquisition in a sports' context is generally used when an addition is made. Chris Davis wasn't added to the team that's why I wasn't sure what you meant at first. Just a mis-communication.

You do? You sure about that :rolleyes:

Can't we all just get along?

Archived