Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

Apparently he was going to Cincy in original Cueto deal but something about his hip. Maybe he is damaged goods now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yeah this makes sense. Oakland is taking a gamble on a guy with a good ceiling. Boy it sure is fun to be a Royals fan. Remember when we played them in the ALCS? They lost Shields but added Young, Volquez, Blanton, Morales and Rios. We lost Cruz, Miller, Markakis, K.Johnson and Nick Hundley and added Snider, Garcia, W.Wright, E.Cabrera and Parm.

They're getting pieces to put them over the top. We're trying to get pieces just to be in the race. If DD gets us 2 bats I'll forgive him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah this makes sense. Oakland is taking a gamble on a guy with a good ceiling. Boy it sure is fun to be a Royals fan. Remember when we played them in the ALCS? They lost Shields but added Young, Volquez, Blanton, Morales and Rios. We lost Cruz, Miller, Markakis, K.Johnson and Nick Hundley and added Snider, Garcia, W.Wright, E.Cabrera and Parm.

They're getting pieces to put them over the top. We're trying to get pieces just to be in the race. If DD gets us 2 bats I'll forgive him.

I'm beginning to think we need to just sell.

KC is doing what we did last year. Adding wants instead of needs. Just reinforcing their squad.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I would expect the Royals to win 98 games this year, then be upset in the ALCS by some annoying, overachieving 85 win team that has no business being in the World Series....hopefully US! It has happened before: see 1997 Indians and 2014 Royals.

I would expect the Royals to win 98 games this year, then be upset in the ALCS by some annoying, overachieving 85 win team that has no business being in the World Series....hopefully US! It has happened before: see 1997 Indians and 2014 Royals.

It's quite possible, but I don't see that team being us. We are not an upstart team. We should be sellers at this point. We can't let a few wins against the Rays and Braves determine our direction.

It's quite possible, but I don't see that team being us. We are not an upstart team. We should be sellers at this point. We can't let a few wins against the Rays and Braves determine our direction.

That's fine....as long as it is somebody with a much lower win total knocking out the Royals. Although I was appeased somewhat that they lost the 7th game of the World Series 3-2 in painful fashion...just like the 1997 Indians. Ah the symmetry of baseball.

My feeling is that you should only be sellers when it is absolutely clear that you should be a seller. Oakland, Chicago, Philly, Colorado, Milwaukee and probably a few others all fall into this bucket. Otherwise, you do whatever you can to get in the playoffs and "roll the dice". We're 3 games out of the wild card with 2 arguably overachieving teams ahead of us, and Buck has a history of winning in August and September. I'm glad we are trying to win now.

That's fine....as long as it is somebody with a much lower win total knocking out the Royals. Although I was appeased somewhat that they lost the 7th game of the World Series 3-2 in painful fashion...just like the 1997 Indians. Ah the symmetry of baseball.

I'll agree with you, there! Loved watching them lose. Even though I know most of their showboating is harmless, there's something about it I just don't like. I guess I'm more of a guy who appreciates someone like Eddie Murray or Ken Singleton...or most old Orioles, for that matter. Did their jobs with class and did not show the other guy up.

My feeling is that you should only be sellers when it is absolutely clear that you should be a seller. Oakland, Chicago, Philly, Colorado, Milwaukee and probably a few others all fall into this bucket. Otherwise, you do whatever you can to get in the playoffs and "roll the dice". We're 3 games out of the wild card with 2 arguably overachieving teams ahead of us, and Buck has a history of winning in August and September. I'm glad we are trying to win now.

I can live with this argument, and I wouldn't object if DD made a move or two to position us better. The playoffs are a crapshoot...I just don't believe our team is built to win a playoff series against a really good team.

I sort of agree, particularly looking at our run differential; were on the positive side of "we need to do this now or it's not happening for awhile because of the free agency thing". My big concern is how we address the team for next year because we're real low on homegrown talent and the market is slim, particularly for 1B.

I'm beginning to think we need to just sell.

Why? It's a buyer's market now. Yeah the offseason sucked for DD but he has a reasonable chance to fix it now without killing our future. Other than Chen the comp picks are going to be better than anything we could get for our guys. These early trades are a good thing. Especially when you see players traded that didn't have to be traded like Tulo. That just adds to the amount of guys available. Hopefully with the Royals buying so much, they will beat the crap out of the AL Central teams hanging around. We should be huge Royals fans the rest of the way. How many true buyers are there in the AL?

New York- Maybe they get a starter or a reliever. We aren't going to be competing with them for the same players. They're targeting the big boys.

Toronto- They're looking to trade for pitching. We're looking to trade for hitting. We aren't going to be competing to trade for the same players

Tampa Bay- They're standing pat like they always do. They definitely aren't buying.

Minnesota- I don't really see them buying. Maybe a vet

Tigers- Hopefully some team blows them away with an offer for Price(I'm looking at you Dodgers), and they realize they're in full sell mode. Adds Cespedes to the market.

White Sox- I don't see them trading for anyone. Just maybe not trading Jeff Z. Doesn't affect us.

Angels- They might add a starter. They already bought their bat/role player. Doesn't really affect us.

Astros- Maybe they look for another starter TOR starter. Their lineup is solid. They don't affect us.

Rangers- They're done. They are just refusing to admit it. Even if they do something crazy and get Hamels, that doesn't really affect us.

The way I see the AL teams is that they're looking for pitching. We're good on that. They might add a couple of bats. But there's way more than a couple of bats available. You could see Cespedes, Cargo, Bruce, Reddick, Parra, Gomez, Upton, Puig, Byrd, Napoli, Nava, Ike Davis, S.Smith, Trumbo, Murphy, Moss, Revere, and Lind all become available.

Archived