Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

Like you can't tell me you would not take Byrd over Snider right now. Or even Byrd over Reimold. That's not an argument you're allowed to make as a person that follows baseball.

If Byrd is all we go out and get, great. SIGN ME UP. Send Snider packing. He had a good half season last year that was clearly a fluke. Literally anybody is better than Travis Snider right now. I loved when we were running Lough out there in LF because he at least brings SOMEthing to the table, be it speed or bunting ability or defense. I dunno what Snider brings. It's not power, speed, defense, or average. He can take a walk sometimes. That's all I got.

Byrd is having a good season. But regardless, I would take a has-been over a bunch of never-wases like Snider and Reimold every time.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because we have an entire team full of low OBP guys and we seem to be in the top third of run scoring every year. And because no matter what you say, Byrd is going to end up having a better impact scoring runs than Travis Freaking Snider.

The phrase "good money after bad..." comes to mind.

Replace Byrd with literally any outfielder. I don't care who you go get. My argument stands. Snider is worthless, and he doesn't actually do anything in the baseball games that get played.

Ask yourself: would I rather have Flaherty playing LF over Snider? The answer, of course, is hell yes you would. Don't try to tell me that's not your answer, either, because it is. It's your answer. Flaherty gives you more confidence in LF than Snider does. Therefore, anybody > Snider.

Snider is our #5 hitter tonight. Bottom half of our lineup could basically be swapped with whoever is playing at Norfolk right now. No wonder we are struggling to stay at .500.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: Under terms of trade agreement, if completed, Papelbon will close for #Nationals and be signed for 2016.

Potential for fireworks and implosion but tbh Storen has failed miserably in October so can't fault nats. He was given keys in 2012 and 2014 and lost pivotal playoff games

Having said that, I would have still paid a little more for chapman or kimbrel

Archived