O's discussing blockbuster with the Padres for Upton?

SamsHorn

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Givens our #1 prospect now? I guess I don't understand why Givens is so highly valued.

I'm not a fan of this team trading away major prospects, because they will probably miss the playoffs.

No. Givens is maybe in the 6-10 category. But will make an impact sooner than later.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Still a decent pitcher, Padres can throw in some money or young talent, he is owed $65 million over the next three seasons.

I like him more than some of the other options that are tied to picks, like Gallardo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Padres continue to try to push James Shields in the trade market. Owed $63 million over the next three seasons.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teams that have spoken with the Padres about James Shields say they're not looking to eat money & hope to get a young SS back (& more)</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

Also depends how young, who could we trade, Adrian Marin, Ryan Mountcastle ??

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teams that have spoken with the Padres about James Shields say they're not looking to eat money & hope to get a young SS back (& more)</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

Also depends how young, who could we trade, Adrian Marin, Ryan Mountcastle ??

JJ Hardy? I kid...I kid... :)

Archived