Only 2 WJZ Broadcasts left...

FanSince88

Here we come, the no-man's land of the season for me and my fellow cord-cutters. WJZ is broadcasting a grand total of 2 O's games this month and that's it. Fox is supposedly broadcasting one KC game in September and that's all she wrote for now. If the team heats up they might get picked up by fox or espn again but otherwise it's a TV blackout for those of us who have stopped drinking the cable Kool-Aid. We're also just around the corner from 24/7 football, which will probably start as soon as Ravens camp begins. Grrr.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here we come, the no-man's land of the season for me and my fellow cord-cutters. WJZ is broadcasting a grand total of 2 O's games this month and that's it. Fox is supposedly broadcasting one KC game in September and that's all she wrote for now. If the team heats up they might get picked up by fox or espn again but otherwise it's a TV blackout for those of us who have stopped drinking the cable Kool-Aid. We're also just around the corner from 24/7 football, which will probably start as soon as Ravens camp begins. Grrr.

There's ways to watch online unless you don't do internet at home.

MSK

Did we appear on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball at all this season? If yes, it was early on. Hell we won 96 games last season.

MLB.com isn't illegal.

MSK

But it blacks out Orioles games for people who live in their terrirory, right? So I'd have to buy a VPN to spoof my IP address. Harumph, too much hassle. Plus MLB.com is so expensive that I may as well get cable added to my verizon package.

But it blacks out Orioles games for people who live in their terrirory, right? So I'd have to buy a VPN to spoof my IP address. Harumph, too much hassle. Plus MLB.com is so expensive that I may as well get cable added to my verizon package.

I forgot about that.

I'm on the West Coast.

That sucks.

MSK

They were close to lifting the blackout nonsense at the start of this season but it fell through. Hopefully by next year it will be a thing of the past.

Really? This is 2015. Pay for cable or expect not to see the O's. The decision to not pay for cable should have included access to O's games...

Really? This is 2015. Pay for cable or expect not to see the O's. The decision to not pay for cable should have included access to O's games...

What if a person doesn't want to pay for cable because they rarely watch TV except for Orioles games and occasional sporting events and when they try to pay for MLB.TV, they find out all games are blacked out in the local area. What do they do?

What if a person doesn't want to pay for cable because they rarely watch TV except for Orioles games and occasional sporting events and when they try to pay for MLB.TV, they find out all games are blacked out in the local area. What do they do?

Furthermore, MASN doesn't seem to have any plans to stream their broadcasts to cable subscribers like most other networks currently do. 90% of my TV watching is done on laptops. Who wants to sit on their reear and watch tv on a stationary screen anymore? If MASN refuses to join the 21st century and stream their broadcast to cable subscribers like HBO, USA, TNT, TBS, and most of the other cable networks, I don't see why I should give them a dime of my money.

Yes, it is 2015. And I will not even consider getting cable until Angelos decides to allow MASN to be streamed live on the internet like most other cable networks are.

Archived