Who leaves for Garcia? (Update: Givens Recalled)

Rene88

Play down a hitter then. DFA Reimold. Who I think should have caught that ball by the way. Hire another gunslinger. Bring up Steve Johnson and DFA him right before September. I really don't care.

All are fine. None change the poster's point that Givens' stuff plays right now out of the bullpen better than many of the options we have in the pen, and he should be on the 25 man roster.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All are fine. None change the poster's point that Givens' stuff plays right now out of the bullpen better than many of the options we have in the pen' date=' and he should be on the 25 man roster.[/quote']

For four non AA innings. Four.

Hunter gave up a two run shot immediately last evening.

And maybe he does here as well. Right now the middle of our pen is being lead by a guy who has never done it before at this level while a kid with a great arm is in AA so we can carry two long men. Great strategy. Hunter at least has a track record.

Who says there isn't? He walked too many guys when he was up here. He'll get another chance.

After he pitched four innings? you know who the greatest reliever was? Pedro Strop. Until he wasn't. He was a position player too. I watched him give up like eight runs one inning last week.

Last year the Royals drafted a kid in the first round and basically took him from college and put him straight into their bullpen. They didn't worry about how many non-AA innings he had. They just said, "your stuff plays in the pen, we are in a pennant race, right this way young man."

Last year the Royals drafted a kid in the first round and basically took him from college and put him straight into their bullpen. They didn't worry about how many non-AA innings he had. They just said' date=' "your stuff plays in the pen, we are in a pennant race, right this way young man."[/quote']

Yay. Great. They traded him this year.

After he pitched four innings? you know who the greatest reliever was? Pedro Strop. Until he wasn't. He was a position player too. I watched him give up like eight runs one inning last week.

And that's why you keep a bullpen cheap and loaded with options. You ride the "stuff" until he bucks you off, and when it does, you bring up the next bronco. Except this one hadn't bucked off yet.

What do I care? The bullpen is about "stuff" more so than any other position. Do you have a swing and miss pitch that you can control for one inning? You do? Congrats' date=' you can pitch in a major league bullpen.[/quote']

Bullpen is about stuff as long as it works. It's also about trick pitches, and looks, and what batter's you are facing.

Archived