Who leaves for Garcia? (Update: Givens Recalled)

Rene88

That is fine but Buck isn't going to trust him enough in a big spot. Givens would have been next in line. Roe can't be trusted right now.

Givens instead of Roe? How many non AA innings has Givens thrown? I love Givens, but this is MADNESS!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He pitched an innings when the game was over and walked one hitter in his one inning of work. He wasn't all that great in AA during his rehab. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. He's not ML ready.

That is so far from the point it's ridiculous. He came out of AA. Of course he's not ready. But we only need to suck it up for a couple weeks to keep him.

Are you advocating letting him go?

Givens instead of Roe? How many non AA innings has Givens thrown? I love Givens, but this is MADNESS!

Madness. We have no bridge guy to O'Day from the right side. Roe has been regressing for awhile now and has no track record. Hunter was dealt so we can't use him. What exactly other option do we have right now?

That is so far from the point it's ridiculous. He came out of AA. Of course he's not ready. But we only need to suck it up for a couple weeks to keep him.

Are you advocating letting him go?

After seeing 4 innings of Givens???

Sure. Let's plan for the tragedy and give up the close games while we wait for one.

We have not given up a close game. We have however had four starters look bad and the good one get injured. MAybe a long man is a smart thing for a team that has come back from a si run deficit to win in the last week. Just a theory.

No, I'm not advocating letting him go. If you'd read my posts maybe you might know what the point was.

Then you don't think a long man is necessary. With Tillman iffy at best and others sucking lately?

I've said it too many times so I'll shout it... GIVENS IS NOT GONE!!!!!!!

Madness. We have no bridge guy to O'Day from the right side. Roe has been regressing for awhile now and has no track record. Hunter was dealt so we can't use him. What exactly other option do we have right now?

Hunter is doing just what Roe is doing. Just not on your team right now. They are all hot garbage this week.

Then you don't think a long man is necessary. With Tillman iffy at best and others sucking lately?

I've said it too many times so I'll shout it... GIVENS IS NOT GONE!!!!!!!

Givens will be back as soon as someone is tweaked. And heck, they may just waive Garcia and then everyone will be happy. I'll tell you what, the reason Garcia is even on this team is the 98 and we saw that tonight. And he was our best pitcher.

We have not given up a close game. We have however had four starters look bad and the good one get injured. MAybe a long man is a smart thing for a team that has come back from a si run deficit to win in the last week. Just a theory.

If our manager had an arm he could trust maybe Gausman doesn't face that last batter? The pen isn't overworked. Coming of an off day and another one next week. Let Garcia be a long man. We have an entire staff full of 5-6 inning pitchers and the two bridge guys we used all year were Roe who is getting worse and Hunter who is gone.

The game tonight was pretty close. Buck contemplated taking Gausman out instead of letting him face Ianetta. Maybe if he had a better option than the struggling Chaz Roe and might have. Of course, the better option is not on the team right now.

You think? Then why not O'Day if it was that high leverage?

If our manager had an arm he could trust maybe Gausman doesn't face that last batter? The pen isn't overworked. Coming of an off day and another one next week. Let Garcia be a long man. We have an entire staff full of 5-6 inning pitchers and the two bridge guys we used all year were Roe who is getting worse and Hunter who is gone.
And Hunter or GIVENS is that arm? Madness. Maybe if Matusz was not awful we'd be good too.

You people seem like it's some life or death move when it is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things! Even in the grand scheme of THIS year.

Our GM has had a brutal season. I like Dan but he has done next to nothing right. Pretty sad when his main offseason acquisition is DFA'd for Junior Lake.

Archived