vs. ANGELS, 8/09

OFFNY

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Hardy always had that level to almost downward swing? I know injuries and avoiding painful movements may have affected his swing, but just wondering how he could have gotten enough lift on pitches when he was hitting 25+ homers in 2011 - 2013. I know Ted Williams always advocated a slight upper cut. It's just an awkward looking swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonzalez needs to throw his damn change up at 76 not 86 or 66 and these slap hitters who time your 93 86 combo to a T would be fooled. Gonzo fools nobody, he gets by only when his location is good and gets killed when not, but hitters know exactly what's coming in terms of speed.

Has Hardy always had that level to almost downward swing? I know injuries and avoiding painful movements may have affected his swing, but just wondering how he could have gotten enough lift on pitches when he was hitting 25+ homers in 2012 - 2013. I know Ted Williams always advocated a slight upper cut. It's just an awkward looking swing.

Yes! I love that about him. Almost swings downhill creating backspin. I think it's why he has the power he has.

I agree. Their offense is already great and now their pitching is picking it up. Let's hope it doesn't last.

I hate the Yankees but I was honestly hoping that they'd cool off the Jays some.

Yes! I love that about him. Almost swings downhill creating backspin. I think it's why he has the power he has.

My swing was like that, but I made a conscious decision to be a spray hitter due to my lack of power. Carew was my hitting guru as a kid. Cal had a level and awkward swing, too.

Archived