Death knell? 1998 Redux?

Frobby

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that they do get a pleasure out of it.

I don't think that it's seemingly.

The guys seem like they are pressing. I'm encouraged by Clevenger and Urruttia. I'm holding out out hope until they are mathematically eliminated. I hurt now, but am living and dying with each pitch. Can't wait for tomorrow.

The guys seem like they are pressing. I'm encouraged by Clevenger and Urruttia. I'm holding out out hope until they are mathematically eliminated. I hurt now, but am living and dying with each pitch. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Pressing and, in certain cases, maybe worn-down too. I also think that dugout video shots of Wieters show a different mood--maybe he was more used to being one of the field generals (Adam in the OF, Hardy in the IF, Wieters between pitcher and plate) than he thought.

Pressing and, in certain cases, maybe worn-down too. I also think that dugout video shots of Wieters show a different mood--maybe he was more used to being one of the field generals (Adam in the OF, Hardy in the IF, Wieters between pitcher and plate) than he thought.

They looked like zombies plodding out of the dugout last night. Tired and worn. So much for the "All they have to do is finish the season with a .630 winning percentage" group. They are now 2 games over .500; 5-5 in their 10; and have lost 3 in a row. At home, no less. And a road trip looms after "they beat up on the Twins".

They looked like zombies plodding out of the dugout last night. Tired and worn. So much for the "All they have to do is finish the season with a .630 winning percentage" group. They are now 2 games over .500; 5-5 in their 10; and have lost 3 in a row. At home, no less. And a road trip looms after "they beat up on the Twins".

Gaus lights it up today and on to clean up on the KC Cousins! Revenge!

It almost SEEMS as if they get some sort of pleasure out of declaring the team dead for the year in a nearly nightly basis. I know that can't really be true because they are Oriole fans and I am not doubting that for a minute. But they sure do want to be pile as much dirt in the grave as quickly as possible.

We'll be at worst one game off the wild card in the loss column after tonight. I hate the way we are playing and certain am not filled with optimism about our chances, but you have to go out on the field and play the games. No one say the June 18-5 run coming...until it happened.

I don't bash the O's night in and night out (in fact, I disagreed with the original post, which declared the season over after the no-hitter). And it doesn't make me happy to see them being swept by the Twins in a series that they had to win. But it does help let off steam to be able to voice one's frustrations on a board such as this, and I call them like I see them.

I can accept a bad off season from Duquette and settle for a .500 season but what worries me is that the future of this club doesn't look to bright in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't accept a bad offseason from Duquette when I think it's a foregone conclusion that he screwed this offseason because he had his eyes set on Toronto. When your star acquisition is Travis Snider after letting Cruz, Markakis and Miller walk....something is amiss.

I can't accept a bad offseason from Duquette when I think it's a foregone conclusion that he screwed this offseason because he had his eyes set on Toronto. When your star acquisition is Travis Snider after letting Cruz, Markakis and Miller walk....something is amiss.

I agree with you. And personally I would have let him go and I would put serious consideration into firing him at seasons end.

The way I mean it is everyone has a bad year and I want to believe he just screwed up this offseason cause do we really KNOW he blew it cause of the Tor debacle? No. But I think most have a pretty good idea his heart or head wasn't here.

If they fire him at seasons end I'd have a drink to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is amiss but its initials are PA, not DD, if you believe Roy's post earlier in the thread, which suggested that DD wanted to resign Cruz and was overruled by his boss.

Something is amiss but its initials are PA, not DD, if you believe Roy's post earlier in the thread, which suggested that DD wanted to resign Cruz and was overruled by his boss.

Angelos spent in the late 90's. Now, when he has more $ thanks to MASN, he just sits on it. He saved the orioles from being in DC, but this kind of stuff is inexcusable.

Angelos spent in the late 90's. Now, when he has more $ thanks to MASN, he just sits on it. He saved the orioles from being in DC, but this kind of stuff is inexcusable.

How did Angelos save the team "from being in D.C." in 1994 when the team had a long-term lease to play in Camden Yards?

Cause look who wanted to by the O's. Jeffery Loria, the guy who now owns the Marlins. This article also helps explain it.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/08/26/Franchises/Peter-Angelos.aspx

Angelis bought the team in July 1993. A long term lease was already in place. Do you really think Loria would be allowed to break that lease? We are talking about the ballpark that was the model for several ballparks that followed. Bud Selig extorted,and yes I'm using that term, or as others prefer, he coerced cities to build new ballparks under the specious threat of relocation if they weren't built. Would Bud run counter to that successful strategy and allow the Orioles to leave their new ballpark? Think again. Peter Angelos "saving" the team in Baltimore is a folklore legend with no basis in fact.

Archived