Death knell? 1998 Redux?

Frobby

I would rather have a similar defender who could actually steal a base. With the number of at bats he gets even if a lesser hitter replaced him it would give us a different element.
What about Ichiro as a 4th OF? Can still run, throw, and will hit a lot better than Lough

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand how this team can never seem to have a lineup with players who can work the count, foul off good pitches, cut down on their swing on two strike counts, not swing at every pitch that is remotely close to the strike zone, etc... When's the last time this team had good, professional hitters up and down the lineup? Maybe 1999? It's been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday, 4 P/PA.

Yesterday, 4 P/PA.

Wow. Diisgusting.

You realize an average of 4 P/PA is considered very good? e.g. Pujols averages 3.84

Yes, it is good.

Iwakuma threw 116 pitches yesterday, for an average of almost 13 pitches per inning.

That's not an overwhelmingly high number of pitches for 9 innings, but it's not exactly "disgusting," either.

What about Ichiro as a 4th OF? Can still run, throw, and will hit a lot better than Lough

I love Ichiro, but he'll be 42 and this year, by Fangraphs, he's below average in offense, defense, and baserunning. He's OPSing .619 and he's not even close to Lough with the glove. He's OBPing .311 and has an ISO lower than Nick Markakis.

Yes, it is good.

Iwakuma threw 116 pitches yesterday, for an average of almost 13 pitches per inning.

That's not an overwhelmingly high number of pitches for 9 innings, but it's not exactly "disgusting," either.

Only 40.5% of those pitches were strikes

Yesterday, 4 P/PA.

Wow. Diisgusting.

You realize an average of 4 P/PA is considered very good? e.g. Pujols averages 3.84

Yes, it is good.

Only 40.5% of those pitches were strikes

And the Orioles lost and were no-hit, too.

That has nothing to do with what was said.

The poster said that it was "disgusting" that the Orioles averaged 4 pitches per plate appearance. Gordo (and myself) pointed out that that is actually a good average, which it is.

And the Orioles lost and were no-hit, too.

That has nothing to do with what was said.

The poster said that it was "disgusting" that the Orioles averaged 4 pitches per plate appearance. Gordo (and myself) pointed out that that is actually a good average, which it is.

Agreed, but the fact that they were no-hit by a pitcher who only threw 40.5% of his pitches for strikes is a bit concerning.

I don't understand how this team can never seem to have a lineup with players who can work the count, foul off good pitches, cut down on their swing on two strike counts, not swing at every pitch that is remotely close to the strike zone, etc... When's the last time this team had good, professional hitters up and down the lineup? Maybe 1999? It's been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We let the only guy that knew how to do that walk to Atlanta.........oh I fogot how easily replaceable Makakis will be,,,,,hahahahah

Archived