vs. RANGERS, 8/30

OFFNY

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we can find a better first baseman somewhere next year.

I do think there could be a role on the team for Pearce, depending on the cost.

If that role is starting 1Bman, then we darn well better have gotten some REALLY good players to fill our other holes (LF, RF, DH).

That is the way I'm looking at it. Go with Pearce at first and spend elsewhere. Pearce has already proven he can play the position

I hope we can find a better first baseman somewhere next year.

I do think there could be a role on the team for Pearce, depending on the cost.

If that role is starting 1Bman, then we darn well better have gotten some REALLY good players to fill our other holes (LF, RF, DH).

I am willing to have one platoon with Pearce being half of that plus he can be an option elsewhere due to injury. Hope the other 3 holes are filled with solid everyday options.

That is the way I'm looking at it. Go with Pearce at first and spend elsewhere. Pearce has already proven he can play the position

If DD doesn't spend some $$ on a FA I see him collecting bodies. A lot of Pearce-like journeymen.

I don't think we can bank on Steve for 500 at bats. He is the kind of guy that if healthy and productive he can get more than planned, like last year.

Anybody think the O's hitters are mailing it in? Or maybe they've just completely lost focus? How can they be this bad for so long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that while it is possible these guys are generally highly motivated individuals that are playing for high stakes.

Would you mail it in if it could mean millions in future earnings?

Archived