What would Buck have done?

yeoledugger

If Buck was the Mets manager at last night's World Series game, would he have allowed Harvey to convince him to go back out in the ninth inning? Would Harvey even had the audacity to approach Buck like he did Collins? If Harvey was allowed to start the ninth under Buck, would Harvey been allowed to pitch to the second batter after the walk?

If Buck was the Mets manager at last night's World Series game, would he have allowed Harvey to convince him to go back out in the ninth inning? Would Harvey even had the audacity to approach Buck like he did Collins? If Harvey was allowed to start the ninth under Buck, would Harvey been allowed to pitch to the second batter after the walk?

I suspect most managers could be convinced under those circumstances, the Mets pen was one of their weak links.

o

I believe that the Mets have the better team than the Orioles, and the Orioles have the better manager than the Mets.

If there were a team call the OriMets, they might have won the World Series.

The Metropolitbirds.

Good one.

I prefer the OriMets, because our name comes first in the merge/contraction. ;)

6903_card-pitt_-primary-1944.gif

SteaglesLogo.jpg

Let's just trade Britton for Harvey and be done with it.

We can't get Harvey for Britton. But the Mets would probably give us a very nice haul for Zach Britton right about now, and unless the Orioles are willing to bump up payroll next year to become a serious contender, it's the kind of trade that would help the Orioles rebuild more quickly.

Archived