GM Meetings Nov. 9-12 Mega Thread

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andrelton simmons is traded to angels</p>? Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="
">November 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow wonder how much they gave up. The guy they got from the Marlins has to be headlining the deal.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow wonder how much they gave up. The guy they got from the Marlins has to be headlining the deal.

Aybar, and their number 1 and two pitching prospects. The #15 draft pick in 2014. A left-handed starter with a 2.45 ERA in AA.

I'm sure you've read it by now, but Aybar and their first round pick Newcomb +1. People are saying that the Braves got fleeced, but I personally think people over value Simmons.

People think the Braves got fleeced? Guess I underrate Simmons. To me this seems like a blah deal for the Angels.

Is Aybar good enough to get a QO next year (assuming he maintains average production)?

His metrics suggest he's about 3 times better defensively at short than the next best player in baseball at SS. He's on for a friendly 5 year deal. Age 26, averaging over 4 WAR a season the last 3 years.

How many of those friendly years were pre arb or arb?

His metrics suggest he's about 3 times better defensively at short than the next best player in baseball at SS. He's on for a friendly 5 year deal. Age 26, averaging over 4 WAR a season the last 3 years.

He's been the Wilt Chamberlain of defensive metrics. Of course, that doesn't mean he'll continue to play at that level. Whenever he gets a twinge, Angels officials will... cringe.

He's been the Wilt Chamberlain of defensive metrics. Of course, that doesn't mean he'll continue to play at that level. Whenever he gets a twinge, Angels officials will... cringe.

I think that's a shrewd move by Atlanta and they may win the deal. Aybar is not much worse than Simmons, he's a darn good all-around shortstop, but he may be out of town after one year. It all comes down to how those prospects work out.

So far Simmons has been Mark Belanger with twice as much power and a batting average 30 points higher. Defense so good that they're marginal MVP candidates OPSing under .700.

Archived