GM Meetings Nov. 9-12 Mega Thread

weams

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would it take to get Jay Bruce?

Probably not much by the end of things - the Reds will ask for too much at first and settle for something reasonable later.

Adding Bruce is basically more of the same for the Orioles (poor average, OBP below .300, can hit HRs). I think he'd be a drain on the budget.

Probably not much by the end of things - the Reds will ask for too much at first and settle for something reasonable later.

Adding Bruce is basically more of the same for the Orioles (poor average, OBP below .300, can hit HRs). I think he'd be a drain on the budget.

i am thrilled with the concept of Jay Bruce.

Last two years he's been sub-replacement overall, and barely peeking his head above zero this year. Is he being shifted? It's hard to tell why he's fallen off, but if he's hitting .260 he's pretty good, but not so much hitting .210. It's hard to contribute BABIPing .250. Also, his HR/FB has fallen from 18% in 2012 to 13% this year. It's like he's just not hitting with as much authority. In any case, his contract is underwater at that production. You'd think you could get him for almost nothing if you picked up the contract. But the Reds may not be over the fact he's supposed to be awesome and will be looking for a real return.

Archived