Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry,but what is a pillow deal? Sits in rhe dugout till he hits.Does he get a memory pillow?

I think Joel meant he would re-establish his value like Cruz did. Or like Kendrys Morales did. I think that is what he meant. Take a smaller amount and leave after year. Hopefully with no QO since it will be over 16 million and no one would pay that for Alvarez.

I don't want any of the three in the outfield except in case of emergency.

Yea, but you can sometimes get by. They had Cruz in the outfield for most of a year where they won 96 games. Just put Rickard in for defense in the 7th in every game they have the lead and maybe you don't hemorrhage too many runs.

I don't want any of the three in the outfield except in case of emergency.

Davis has a strong arm and is decent in the outfield. I need to check his stats they maybe SSS, but I thought he was fine.

Edit. Numbers match what I saw. His range/glove/arm play above average in the outfield.

Yea, but you can sometimes get by. They had Cruz in the outfield for most of a year where they won 96 games. Just put Rickard in for defense in the 7th in every game they have the lead and maybe you don't hemorrhage too many runs.

They moved into first place in July, but which time Cruz was primarily the DH, IIRC.

Davis could play RF for year one of the contract and move back to 1B with either Alvarez or Trumbo (or both gone) in 2017.

I think Davis wants 1B and perhaps a guarantee of playing there the vast majority of games. You don't take your highest paid player and put him in a position he doesn't want to play. Those that think the man is an average outfielder have orange colored glasses. His arm is decent that's about it.

I think Davis wants 1B and perhaps a guarantee of playing there the vast majority of games. You don't take your highest paid player and put him in a position he doesn't want to play. Those that think the man is an average outfielder have orange colored glasses. His arm is decent that's about it.

I guess if you don't believe in statistics you could say I wear orange color glasses.

I guess if you don't believe in statistics you could say I wear orange color glasses.

And if you do believe in statistics you know he doesn't have enough innings in the outfield for any defensive metrics to have meaning. He certainly takes questionable routes and isn't fast. I'd be curious what his metrics would look like if he played the outfield for a couple seasons. My guess is it wouldn't be very good.

I would rather not risk messing with Davis's offense by putting him in the outfield. He was fine out there for a month in 2012, when Markakis was out and little was expected of him. Now he's three years older a big star with an ego to match. For a day or two, fine. For an entire season, pass.

If this is true, he needs to tell his agent. Boras was making a point of letting teams know that Davis can also play outfield.

I would rather not risk messing with Davis's offense by putting him in the outfield. He was fine out there for a month in 2012, when Markakis was out and little was expected of him. Now he's three years older a big star with an ego to match. For a day or two, fine. For an entire season, pass.

He played last year 460 some innings.

Archived