Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

I think Davis wants 1B and perhaps a guarantee of playing there the vast majority of games. You don't take your highest paid player and put him in a position he doesn't want to play. Those that think the man is an average outfielder have orange colored glasses. His arm is decent that's about it.

I never heard of Chris Davis not liking the OF. Also, I'm sure Scott Boras is talking up his versatility of being able to play multiple positions to get more money rather than telling teams he insists on playing 1B only.

He's a slightly below average RF from what I've seen. The more he plays there likely the better he would do. For one year I don't see a problem with it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The point is; there is plenty of room for Davis, Trumbo, and Alvarez. That lineup is fairly potent with a ton of protection.

But that isn't true. If we sign Davis, we shouldn't sign Alvarez. If we've already signed Alvarez and then sign Davis, we should trade Trumbo. We saw last year just how fielding dependent our pitching is. We need a right fielder to play right field. If we have Davis and either Trumbo or Alvarez, he doesn't need to add much offensively.

But that isn't true. If we sign Davis, we shouldn't sign Alvarez. If we've already signed Alvarez and then sign Davis, we should trade Trumbo. We saw last year just how fielding dependent our pitching is. We need a right fielder to play right field. If we have Davis and either Trumbo or Alvarez, he doesn't need to add much offensively.

We need another LH bat whether at RF or DH. Only LH OF bat currently is Henry. DH Paredes.

We need another LH bat whether at RF or DH. Only LH OF bat currently is Henry. DH Paredes.

If the first 8 batters in the lineup are:

Kim

Machado

Davis

Jones

Trumbo

Wieters

Schoop

Hardy

... then I don't care if they re-sign David Lough and put him in RF. This lineup (in any order) would score a lot of runs.

Archived