Kazmir v. Gallardo

orioles4lyfe

Kazmir or Gallardo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Kazmir or Gallardo

• Kazmir 6.1 WAR last 3 years, Lefty
    • Gallardo 7.1 WAR last 3 Years, Cost Pick #14

Per Roch:

"Gallardo is 3-0 with a 1.33 ERA in three career starts against the Blue Jays, and he tossed 8 1/3 scoreless innings in his only appearance at Rogers Centre. Manager Buck Showalter wouldn't have to protect him as he did left-hander Wei-Yin Chen."

Gallardo also is 2-2 with a 4.35 ERA in four starts against the Red Sox, 1-1 with a 5.60 ERA in three starts against the Yankees and 2-1 with a 3.06 ERA in three starts against the Rays.

Kazmir is 6-5 with a 4.12 ERA in 17 starts against the Orioles and 3-3 with a 4.09 ERA in eight starts at Camden Yards. He's 9-9 with a 3.99 ERA in 29 starts against the Red Sox, 8-7 with a 3.19 ERA in 21 games (20 starts) against the Yankees, 1-4 with a 5.13 ERA in five starts against the Rays and 5-6 with a 3.63 ERA in 17 starts against the Blue Jays."

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per Roch:

"Gallardo is 3-0 with a 1.33 ERA in three career starts against the Blue Jays, and he tossed 8 1/3 scoreless innings in his only appearance at Rogers Centre. Manager Buck Showalter wouldn't have to protect him as he did left-hander Wei-Yin Chen."

Gallardo also is 2-2 with a 4.35 ERA in four starts against the Red Sox, 1-1 with a 5.60 ERA in three starts against the Yankees and 2-1 with a 3.06 ERA in three starts against the Rays.

Kazmir is 6-5 with a 4.12 ERA in 17 starts against the Orioles and 3-3 with a 4.09 ERA in eight starts at Camden Yards. He's 9-9 with a 3.99 ERA in 29 starts against the Red Sox, 8-7 with a 3.19 ERA in 21 games (20 starts) against the Yankees, 1-4 with a 5.13 ERA in five starts against the Rays and 5-6 with a 3.63 ERA in 17 starts against the Blue Jays."

How many of those loses were because the rays were bad, though?

Kazmir had one good half season and you want to sign him to 4 years. No thanks.

Remember the last guy we traded for who had one good half season.... How'd that go!!!???

This is just an uneducated stupid post. I understand not wanting to give Kazmir 4 years but geez....I'd rather give Kazmir 4/48 than give up 3/45 for Gallardo and the pick....essentially you'd be getting the 4th year for 3 million and not giving up our first rounder.

This is just an uneducated stupid post. I understand not wanting to give Kazmir 4 years but geez....I'd rather give Kazmir 4/48 than give up 3/45 for Gallardo and the pick....essentially you'd be getting the 4th year for 3 million and not giving up our first rounder.

Gallardo is better at Camden and against our division, but Kazmir is better overall.

Not doubting you at all sir but where did you get this information? I would love Kazmir in an O's uniform (not for 4 years though).

Traderumors said he was too expensive for the Royals now and that As were like like out now that they signed Alvarez. I'll look for the links if you like but it was at www.mlbtraderumors.com. I can't imagine that the winning bid is not four years.

Traderumors said he was too expensive for the Royals now and that As were like like out now that they signed Alvarez. I'll look for the likes if you like but it was at www.mlbtraderumors.com. I can't imagine that the winning bid is not four years.

I saw the traderumors post. I read it more as Henderson Alvarez makes the writer question if the A's would still be interested. But I could see how it could be interpreted as the A's are out.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I saw the traderumors post. I read it more as Henderson Alvarez makes the writer question if the A's would still be interested. But I could see how it could be intercepted as the A's are out.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Me too. And they are least likely to spend 50 for four years. Don't you think?

No they don't. And the Rays, A's, And Marlins could all field teams for about what the Yankees have spent a year over the last ten years.

The Yankees made the playoffs last year. The Marlins, Rays, and A's all finished below .500. And none of those 3 look like an above .500 team going into 2016. But whatever.

Archived