orioles4lyfe

Kazmir or Gallardo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Kazmir or Gallardo

• Kazmir 6.1 WAR last 3 years, Lefty
    • Gallardo 7.1 WAR last 3 Years, Cost Pick #14

Happy holidays OH friends!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but saw this on MLBTradeRumors:

Kazmir already has multiple three-year offers with guarantees in the range of $12MM to $13MM annually, per the report, with teams like the Athletics, Orioles, and Dodgers said to be involved. It seems like the first legitimate four-year offer could land Kazmir, Heyman adds. Of course, it?s unclear if the A?s will still be in the hunt if and when their reported one-year deal with righty Henderson Alvarez is finalized.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Kazmir who won't cost a pick and fits a need as a lefty over Gallardo and a pick. Get it done DD!

PS- Can someone set up a poll for Kazmir vs Gallardo? I'm not sure how its done :rolleyestf:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kazmir had one good half season and you want to sign him to 4 years. No thanks.

Remember the last guy we traded for who had one good half season.... How'd that go!!!???

2013: 4.04 ERA 158 IP 162 SO

2014: 3.55 ERA 190 IP 164 SO

2015: 3.10 ERA (including his end of the season nose dive) 183 IP 155 SO

Not doubting you at all sir but where did you get this information? I would love Kazmir in an O's uniform (not for 4 years though).

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

The window is three years, 2016-2018. Then, Manny, Jones, Duquette, and Showalter leave. The rebuild begins after that season or at the deadline (if we're out of it). The fourth year doesn't matter.

The window is three years, 2016-2018. Then, Manny, Jones, Duquette, and Showalter leave. The rebuild begins after that season or at the deadline (if we're out of it). The fourth year doesn't matter.

Why doesn't it?

I'm skeptical of said window...even if you are correct the 4th year matters.

Wasn't the window supposed to close this year...?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Kazmir looks like a reinvented pitcher to me -- I think we can expect something like 2014 (3.55 ERA, 105 ERA+, 1.161 WHIP) except with a few more home runs given up in Camden. In other words, Wei-Yin Chen.

I like that he has no pick attached, and I also like that he has experience in the AL East pitching for Tampa for almost six years. He very well may be the best option available - everyone left has some sort of question mark.

It's pretty obvious that even with a Kazmir or similar signing, we're going to need to see improvement from Gausman, similar play from 2015 Jimenez and bounce back years from Tillman and Gonzalez. That's just the way it is. Thankfully players of appropriate age fluctuate in performance all the time.

Archived