Kazmir v. Gallardo

orioles4lyfe

Kazmir or Gallardo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Kazmir or Gallardo

• Kazmir 6.1 WAR last 3 years, Lefty
    • Gallardo 7.1 WAR last 3 Years, Cost Pick #14

Per Rotoworld:

"According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, the Royals, A's, Cardinals, Orioles, Astros, and Nationals are the finalists for free agent starter Scott Kazmir.

Nightengale says there is "nothing imminent yet," but it sounds like the 31-year-old left-hander could be the next domino to fall on a free agent market that still carries some big-time names. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reported over the weekend that Kazmir had a few three-year offers on the table but was looking for a team to give him a fourth guaranteed year. He did not finish the 2015 season on the highest of notes, posting a 4.17 ERA across his final 73 1/3 regular-season innings with the Astros. Kazmir had a 2.38 ERA in 109 2/3 innings with Oakland before the July 23 trade to Houston, and he was pretty good throughout 2014."

I think he makes a decision before Christmas.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per Rotoworld:

"According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, the Royals, A's, Cardinals, Orioles, Astros, and Nationals are the finalists for free agent starter Scott Kazmir.

Nightengale says there is "nothing imminent yet," but it sounds like the 31-year-old left-hander could be the next domino to fall on a free agent market that still carries some big-time names. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reported over the weekend that Kazmir had a few three-year offers on the table but was looking for a team to give him a fourth guaranteed year. He did not finish the 2015 season on the highest of notes, posting a 4.17 ERA across his final 73 1/3 regular-season innings with the Astros. Kazmir had a 2.38 ERA in 109 2/3 innings with Oakland before the July 23 trade to Houston, and he was pretty good throughout 2014."

I think he makes a decision before Christmas.

It seems a bit unusual to see 6 teams listed as "finalists."

I'm not exciting to sign either of these guys for 3 + years and $12-$15 AAV.

Kazmir is inconsistent.

Gallardo is basically Miguel Gonzales with more ground balls, more IP, and a longer track record. All reasons I prefer Gallardo to Kazmir but NOT good enough reasons to invest heavily in him.

Honestly I'd rather give Chen more money and more years then signing either of these guys.

My kid Nate is young, cost-controlled, and left-handed, so he's got that in common with the folks you mention. The attribute we forgot was "good".

Using the terms "kid" and "cost-controlled" in the same sentence is very, very amusing.

Archived