Kevin Gausman believes the curve is his third pitch

wildcard

Hes getting better and better. My only gripe tonight was his walks and elevated pitch count.Gonna be real good.

Kevin Gausman has now started 16 games where he pitched 5 innings or more and given up 3 ER's or less. Just for comparison Chris Tillman has done the same in 18 starts. The won/loss record is different but their performances are starting to equal each other.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

DETROIT TIGERS oo (SEPTEMBER 9th)

Ian Kinsler - 2B

Cameron Maybin - CF

Miguel Cabrera - 1B

Victor Martinez - DH

Julio Daniel Martinez - RF

Justin Upton - LF

James McCann - C

Erick Aybar - 3B

Jose Iglesias - SS

Michael Joseph Fulmer - RHP (10-6, 2.77 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

6 Innings Pitched.

3 Runs.

2 Walks (1 Intentional.)

1 Hit Batsman.

7 Strikeouts.

114 Pitches (71 Strikes, 43 Balls.) OOO 110 Pitches (71 Strikes, 39 Balls.) *

* Minus the Intentional Walk

Had to battle both the Tigers hitters and Joe West's absurd representation of the strike zone.

That said, certainly good enough to win. But the offense and the bullpen choked.

Nailed it on West. I was screaming at the screen w some of those calls. And the 1B ump on the missed check swing on JD changed the AB. Instead of an even count that made it 3-1, he had to come in w bases loaded and got beat.

I think Gausman was noticeably upset on a few of those.

Nailed it on West. I was screaming at the screen w some of those calls. And the 1B ump on the missed check swing on JD changed the AB. Instead of an even count that made it 3-1, he had to come in w bases loaded and got beat.

I think Gausman was noticeably upset on a few of those.

Oh yeah. He was fired up. Think it was on Victor Martinez (maybe his 3rd AB?) where it was a clear as day strike 3 but didn't call it. Instead I think it made the count 1-2 or 2-2. Then he came back and struck out VMart swinging...and walked toward Wieters and stabbed at the ball. Think he was starring down Joe West. And I don't blame him one bet.

Joe West is one of the more repugnant umpires to begin with. He loves attention. But to have a strike zone as piss poor as today makes him the worst.

An ump like Joe West must be some vestige of feudalism in the development of baseball. He must be deposed!
Rep for incorporating feudalism and vestige in the same sentence on an Orioles forum.

Seconded. Ya know, we have a forum where you could put that vocabulary to good use. ;)

Seconded. Ya know, we have a forum where you could put that vocabulary to good use. ;)

As all words are, mine were spoken in a particular context and I'm afraid they have been misconstrued. Look, let's face it: THIS IS the tendency of the corporate-owned media and why people just don't trust it anymore. I don't care about their darn threads! Please send $27. The bungle continues.

Rep for incorporating feudalism and vestige in the same sentence on an Orioles forum.

Yeah, I finally started paying attention to 19th-century political economics in my late thirties and it's helped me to understand everything I'm indoctrinated to enjoy.

o

17 out of the 24 outs that Gausman recorded came via the ground ball and the strikeout.

24 OUTS: 10 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 6 Strikeouts, 2 Popouts, 2 Foulouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Lineout

K.J. GAUSMAN oo (vs. RED SOX, 9/14)

IP:l 8

H:;; 4 ll(4 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB:)1

SO:)6

Pitches: 120 (84 Strikes, 36 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.43

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 6 Balls)

17 (12 Strikes, 5 Balls)