Orioles Final Pick Order 27 First Pick

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>' first pick in this year's draft moved up a spot because of Desmond signing. They now pick 27th, 54th, 69th, 76th & 91st in 1st 3 rds.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">February 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is the last Orioles player that was drafted by the Orioles and signed a post arbitration free agent contract with the Orioles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how specific you are trying to be. Markakis was drafted and extended past his arbitration years.

If you mean who was drafted, played six/seven seasons, then hit FA, then resigned, I couldn't tell you. I also don't think that is common around the league. If it was, then I'm sure you could rattle off five guys within the past five years rather easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 in the first 100 isn't anything to sneeze at. I think a few years from now, we'll all feel better about losing #14 if one of those 5 can be a solid major league contributor.

I agree, but I would like to see two of these five contribute. To me, that would really define success here. Now, just go out and sign Pedro Alvarez, who does not require compensation. Put Trumbo out in RF, use Rickard late as a defensive replacement. Sit Pedro against LH pitching, and insert Reimold at DH versus Lefties. If you want to rest Kim versus a tough Lefty, put Rickard in LF. I would really like our chances with the addition of Pedro Alvarez. That is a guy who is built to hit in OPACY.

I agree, but I would like to see two of these five contribute. To me, that would really define success here. Now, just go out and sign Pedro Alvarez, who does not require compensation. Put Trumbo out in RF, use Rickard late as a defensive replacement. Sit Pedro against LH pitching, and insert Reimold at DH versus Lefties. If you want to rest Kim versus a tough Lefty, put Rickard in LF. I would really like our chances with the addition of Pedro Alvarez. That is a guy who is built to hit in OPACY.

I could live with Trumbo in right. Roch and some scout said that he wouldn't kill us there and Buck has seemed impressed with his arm. Nick had good instincts but didn't have the greatest range so I suppose we could live with it. What is promising is plugging a potential 30 HR's in at right and then ANOTHER potential 20-30 in at DH. Definitely sound logic about the utilization of Rickard.

Archived