Camden Depot: Extra Pieces

weams

Generally a negative Oriole blog and Markakis hater. Don't waste your time there.

Totally, like when they projected the Orioles for a Wild Card last year and how they think Caleb Joseph is an all star catcher if he can catch a full load and how one wrote an article in December about how Markakis could solve the situation in right field.

Totals negative, for sure.

What is this business about Hardy being hurt. He feels great. Is the author predicting an injury?

I did not talk to Matt, but it might be related to the article I wrote on Hardy last October or September. Basically, for the type of injury he has and the type the therapy to correct it, he stands about a 26% chance of returning to form. That 26% number is a generic number, so there could be specific aspects for Hardy that would push the probability. All that said, I think anything positive the club gets from Hardy is a good thing. I have not seen a game yet, but from what I was told it seems that ball is not being driven as hard as it was pre-injury. We shall see.

I rarely agree with much of Camden Depot but don't know much about them either. Weams-does the OH have any relationship with them out of curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we are their designated message board and they provide excellent content. I still disagree with this one.

Hey there folks....long time O's fan here....and a long time follower of this site....the best place to get my Orioles news!

I was surprised that the article mentions anything other than starting pitching. Desmond & Freese? I don't see that as an upgrade to the options we have now. And our lineup and bench is pretty versatile....in the event of injuries, we have players that can slot right in.

Looking forward to talking with fellow O's fans on here!!

Hey there folks....long time O's fan here....and a long time follower of this site....the best place to get my Orioles news!

I was surprised that the article mentions anything other than starting pitching. Desmond & Freese? I don't see that as an upgrade to the options we have now. And our lineup and bench is pretty versatile....in the event of injuries, we have players that can slot right in.

Looking forward to talking with fellow O's fans on here!!

Welcome. And I agree with you.

Welcome. And I agree with you.

The opinions sometimes are diverse at the Depot.

Personally, I see no reason to sign Desmond or any reason for him to want to sign with a club that has no firm plan for where he would see time in the field. I think there is some merit to say that well pitching cannot be helped at such and such a late date and you have to work with the available pieces out there. That said, I do not see how Desmond moves the needle and Freese, well, the club has enough decent-ish right handed hitters.

So, I think, in a contextual sense, if you are trying to improve this club then the bench and expected injury losses are a way to direct your efforts. Pitching would be more ideal, but what is left? A bunch of lottery tickets for people who once had said pitchers on their fantasy roster three years ago. There just is not much to be done without being willing to send off Gausman.

You could probably deal Gausman for two meh backend starting pitchers. Just a difficult place to be in and there is not much in the farm to hand out.

The opinions sometimes are diverse at the Depot.

Personally, I see no reason to sign Desmond or any reason for him to want to sign with a club that has no firm plan for where he would see time in the field. I think there is some merit to say that well pitching cannot be helped at such and such a late date and you have to work with the available pieces out there. That said, I do not see how Desmond moves the needle and Freese, well, the club has enough decent-ish right handed hitters.

So, I think, in a contextual sense, if you are trying to improve this club then the bench and expected injury losses are a way to direct your efforts. Pitching would be more ideal, but what is left? A bunch of lottery tickets for people who once had said pitchers on their fantasy roster three years ago. There just is not much to be done without being willing to send off Gausman.

You could probably deal Gausman for two meh backend starting pitchers. Just a difficult place to be in and there is not much in the farm to hand out.

Nothing to disagree with here.

Archived