One decision left

wildcard

Kim or Avery is the only decision left for the players in camp.

Gausman, Matusz and Paredes have to be DL'd but that is procedural.

Sean Burnett opted out from the Nats. I don't really see why the O's would want him. They are paying Matusz 3.9m to be the lefties out of the pen. He is supposed to be available on the 10th. So do they add Burnett for 5 games and then DFA him? Not likely because they wound to be responsible for his whole seasons salary. McFarland is a better move. They can option him,

Dan would have a pull off a trade to make room on the 25 man roster. No problem on the 40 man roster. It stands at 37.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see Kim stay with the team and over time prove he can be a decent third/fourth outfielder to split time with Rickard. Obviously a lot of people (Buck included) think that won't be happening, but it's not out of the question. It's a bad move if they keep Kim and have him perpetually riding the bench.

Never mind, I see where they optioned Janish.

Here's my two cents: Send Avery down. Keep Kim on the 25 for now. You made a commitment to him, so leave him there and see what happens when he gets more MLB coaching and is exposed to the real game. At any point, if it becomes necessary to make a move, release him, like maybe when Gausman comes off the D.L. or something. Who knows? Maybe a change of heart will take place between now and then.

Never mind' date=' I see where they optioned Janish.

Here's my two cents: Send Avery down. Keep Kim on the 25 for now. You made a commitment to him, so leave him there and see what happens when he gets more MLB coaching and is exposed to the real game. At any point, if it becomes necessary to make a move, release him, like maybe when Gausman comes off the D.L. or something. Who knows? Maybe a change of heart will take place between now and then.[/quote']

I think that is absolutely the wrong decision. Just let Kim go. DD has already said point blank he is not making the 25 man. The team has signalled this is an "all in" year when we are trying to win. Put the best 25 you can out there. Who knows, maybe the X-man comes in and makes a nice play to close out a ballgame or two.

I think that is absolutely the wrong decision. Just let Kim go. DD has already said point blank he is not making the 25 man. The team has signalled this is an "all in" year when we are trying to win. Put the best 25 you can out there. Who knows, maybe the X-man comes in and makes a nice play to close out a ballgame or two.
The Orioles have no intention of releasing Kim and eating his $7 million salary.

www.masnsports.com

I think Kim needs consistent at bats. And he probably can't get those in the majors right now. If this team had no expectations and was coming off a 70 win season then by all means. But some people think this team can contend and it seems that the AL East is up for grabs.

Don't the O's eat the salary no matter what? Having a player they will not play is eating his salary too and is compounded by not having a more serviceable player instead. Eating salaries is not new for any team. The O's ate Bud Norris and others salaries last year. Perhaps he'll make a decision and go to Norfolk for a while after riding the pines, probably not. Is this is an unfortunate turn, sure. It certainly provides fodder for those that dwell and seem to thrive on how poorly run this team is.

Why Avery?

Archived