Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2016

OFFNY

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck hates Kim.

Seems legit. Bench the guy that homered to score the only two runs (and provided the winning margin) against the Diamondbacks, when the rest of the line up was useless. Same guy that is mainly used pinch hitting lately because he has one of the better bats going.

Also, can anyone verify that Paul Janish actually exists?

Seems legit. Bench the guy that homered to score the only two runs (and provided the winning margin) against the Diamondbacks, when the rest of the line up was useless. Same guy that is mainly used pinch hitting lately because he has one of the better bats going.

Also, can anyone verify that Paul Janish actually exists?

Is Pena still on the team?

He's two for 10.

Kim's three for 11.

Trumbo is two for 13.

You can't explain this one away using small sample size player matchups.

You can't explain this one away claiming defense.

You can't explain this one away claiming reverse splits.

Man I thought everyone was over-reaciting concerning Kim, but I really don't understand not being in tonights lineup

Also wonder what kind of numbers Flaherty has against Sanchez since Schoop has been an automatic out for the past month

Oh well let's win a defensive struggle... assuming we can keep them from hitting any fly balls to Trumbo

Man I thought everyone was over-reaciting concerning Kim, but I really don't understand not being in tonights lineup

Also wonder what kind of numbers Flaherty has against Sanchez since Schoop has been an automatic out for the past month

Oh well let's win a defensive struggle... assuming we can keep them from hitting any fly balls to Trumbo

Pedro does have a HR against Sanchez, but I see no reason to play Trumbo over Kim if you are going with player matchups.

Buck on "Trum":

“Trum came here, we all knew he had a chance to hit and that’s where it fit for us in the outfield,” Showalter said. “He throws well and he’s engaged in it. He wants to be as good as he’s capable of being. And he’s done some good things for us out there.

“He’s not going to try to make a case that he’s a Gold Glover, but he’s been adequate for us, and especially when you couple the offensive things he’s done, I would have been real happy with it coming out of the spring because there was some real unknown. He’s been good.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/this-that-and-the-other-123.html

And Mancini.

Mancini is right-handed. I understand why he is not in the lineup against a RHP.

You don't want Trumbo's bat? Alvarez hits Sanchez well.

Ideally I would like to play them all. Right now, Pedro has cooled off a bit. My ideal lineup vs RHP would be Kim LF, Bourn RF, Trumbo DH. Sucks to lose Pedro but at least you get your leading OBP guy and your leading HR guy without sacrificing too much defense.

Or this version:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> lineup at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> <a href="https://t.co/UmsnP7Mxnz">pic.twitter.com/UmsnP7Mxnz</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">September 28, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived