Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2016

OFFNY

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Buck started Bourn yesterday because of his history against the Jays and his numbers at Rogers centre.

Does anyone other than Buck think there is something special about Bourn's game that translates well to the Rogers centre?

Well he did have that quick play on the carom and throw to JJ to Schoop with the generous out call. He had two Kim type hits but that made it a wash. So no, I don't but he might be a better OF than Kim/Reimold.

Buck was talking about hitting. Like the fact that he hit well at Rodgers Centre actually had some predictive value.

I guess it's something that Buck believes firmly in and would have to be pried from his cold dead hands before he changes his mind on it. Much the same way he believes in SSS against pitchers.

So Buck started Bourn yesterday because of his history against the Jays and his numbers at Rogers centre.

Does anyone other than Buck think there is something special about Bourn's game that translates well to the Rogers centre?

I am OK with Bourn if Buck wants to go with defense. But then Kim should be the DH or LF so we have at least one OBP guy.

I guess it's something that Buck believes firmly in and would have to be pried from his cold dead hands before he changes his mind on it. Much the same way he believes in SSS against pitchers.
I'd be fine with Bourn for defense. If that is how Buck explained it. But according to Buck that wasn't the reason.

Agreed. And somehow Buck's weird logic always works in favor of Reimold and against Kim.

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES oo (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/29)

Adam Jones - CF

- LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Mark Trumbo - DH

Matthew Wieters - C

Chris Davis - 1B

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Michael Ray Bourn - RF

James Jerry Hardy - SS

Ubaldo Jimenez Garcia - RHP (7-12, 5.71 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Marcus Earl Stroman - RHP (9-9, 4.34 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES oo (vs. YANKEES, 9/30)

Adam Jones - CF

- LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Mark Trumbo - DH

Matthew Wieters - C

Chris Davis - 1B

James Jerry Hardy - SS

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Michael Ray Bourn - RF

Yovani Gallardo - RHP (5-8, 5.63 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Some Creep - RHP (6-11, 4.68 ERA) *

* Leads the American League in Strikeouts Per 9 Innings (10.611)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Archived