Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2016

OFFNY

Bucks finding every possible reason to leave him on the bench. Michael Bourn is replacement level and has a 80 wRC+ this year and doesn't have an impressive resume vs Porcello for his usual justification.

Flaherty in the outfield is a joke every time it happens.

Some folks here will tell you his glove is plus everywhere he plays.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I'd go with:

CF Jones

LF Kim

3B Manny

1B Chris

DH Pedro

C Wieters

2B Flaherty

SS JJ

RF Bourn

I know it's tough to take Trumbo out but I'd give him and Schoop a day off.

I was thinking same thing about Schoop give him the day off. But I keep Trumbo in at DH he has better numbers against Porcello including 2 HRs.

Actually this lineup doesn't shock me. Buck loves Flaherty in Boston. And he wants some form of defense in the OF. So he's going defense first here along with RHP vs. LHB.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBAijg5Betw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When your alternatives are Trumbo in the OF and Alvarez at DH or Trumbo at DH and Kim in the OF...I think that's where Buck is coming from.

I am not sold that Flash is better than Kim or even Trumbo in the outfield.

I'm pretty sure he misplayed a ball the last time the O's were in Boston and Buck thought he was an outfielder.

I don't understand why Buck thinks just because Flaherty grew up a Boston fan that he knows how to play the wall.

I am not sold that Flash is better than Kim or even Trumbo in the outfield.

I'm pretty sure he misplayed a ball the last time the O's were in Boston and Buck thought he was an outfielder.

I don't understand why Buck thinks just because Flaherty grew up a Boston fan that he knows how to play the wall.

I'm not sure either. I think he's just giving Flaherty playing time in Boston and the OF is the only way he can play.

Sucks that Kim isn't getting a start. But I see where Buck is coming from even though I don't agree.

Archived