MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

o

• 3 weeks later...
Why does everyone want AJ out of center? Dude is a beast out there, and knows center like it's the back of his hand

We must be watching different players. I see a guy with below average speed for a center fielder who doesn't get great reads and is prone to mistakes.

DRS had him at -10 runs, while UZR/150 had him at -9.9. For his career, the metrics have him as average, which I generally agree with. However, age appears to be setting in as a factor with Jones now.

I'm more worried about his offensive trend at this point. He has declined 4 straight years now and was a below average offensive player last season on top of being poor defensively.

Jones is, was, and will continue to be an awesome CF. F the stats...

Age catches up with everyone, some more quickly than others. Andre Dawson had to move from CF around this age, and so does Adam Jones.

Just because he's in RF doesn't mean he stops being a valuable player. But he needs to hit a bit better next season.

Why does everyone want AJ out of center? Dude is a beast out there, and knows center like it's the back of his hand

No he doesn't, he consistently plays too shallow. Injuries and age are slowing him down more than he wants them to. I think he's a great fit for RF - think "right handed Jay Bruce".

I hope Jones' contract isn't extended by the Orioles. He's not going to suddenly get disciplined at the plate, and his defense will only get worse with time.

The sooner he gets moved from CF the better, but we need a viable replacement. I'm not sure that is out there.

Archived