Can't Believe that We have Bought into this Hype

weams

Because the Red Sox raise their already exorbitant prices on everything to get him. They need to pay off that contract somehow. They're pissed off because even the price for a baseball game is about even with what everything else costs up there

David Price is the dude with a much higher contract for them

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only reason they won in 2013 was because of the bombings. They needed to reunify the city and help it heal. The city put that weight on their shoulders, and thats why the Sawx went to and won the WS IMO

That's quite the opinion.

The only reason they won in 2013 was because of the bombings. They needed to reunify the city and help it heal. The city put that weight on their shoulders, and thats why the Sawx went to and won the WS IMO

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. If not you're assuming that teams don't usually play to anything like their peak ability unless they have a good reason besides just wanting to win? Just digging down harder and wanting it more is worth 20-30 wins?

Blame everyone you can. Hell, they're blaming Canada right now because of how bad the Sawx are

We should tell them that they're blaming all the wrong people. How does Bordick always get away with stuff like this? He causes all these problems, yet always manages to escape the blame. :smile11:

I can't laugh at Boston for their misfortunes, though. After 14 straight losing seasons full of bad signings, bad managing, bad pitching and generally bad decision making from top to bottom, I can sympathize with why they

are angry. I hope Orioles fans don't forget what all that felt like and can stay humble when other teams are going through bad times.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. If not you're assuming that teams don't usually play to anything like their peak ability unless they have a good reason besides just wanting to win? Just digging down harder and wanting it more is worth 20-30 wins?

Not sarcasm. I actually think they felt a civic responsibility to help heal the city of Boston by making them happy and not sucking epically.

We should tell them that they're blaming all the wrong people. How does Bordick always get away with stuff like this? He causes all these problems, yet always manages to escape the blame. :smile11:

I can't laugh at Boston for their misfortunes, though. After 14 straight losing seasons full of bad signings, bad managing, bad pitching and generally bad decision making from top to bottom, I can sympathize with why they

are angry. I hope Orioles fans don't forget what all that felt like and can stay humble when other teams are going through bad times.

I laugh because it's bittersweet. There fans got nasty after 2004, and they were just mean and ugly to deal with after that. It does stink to see them look like us not to long ago, but sometimes certain fanbases like Boston's or the Yankees' need to be humbled a bit. That's my humble opinion, anyway.

Agree with all of this. I don't see what TB did in the offseason to improve on a below .500 team. I do think BOS has been overhyped.......AGAIN, but they should be more of a factor than the Rays.

The hype machines predict based on wishes.

Archived