ESPN interview with Manny

Aglets

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15293054/baltimore-orioles-manny-machado-opens-mastering-third-base

Cool interview. Comes off very confident.....maybe for some people crossing the line into arrogance or whatever but I think he comes off well overall.

Glad he's ours.

Nothing wrong with confidence when you are good.

Its the cockiness and thinking you are above others, that crosses that line, IMO, and so far, I have not seen this with Manny.

Thanks, I enjoyed that. Manny's got an ego, but he is a hard worker and wants to be a good teammate. It's a privilege to watch him play.

For a number of reasons, that language rubs me the wrong way, even if it's just a figure of speech. Manny's a highly paid entertainer who specializes in a sport. It's not a privilege to watch him do anything. It's merely an option among many.

Desperately trying to figure out who the Bieber lover on the team is. Gotta be between Rickard, Wilson and Gausman, right? Though picturing Bundy jamming out to the Biebs is one of the funnier images I've had in my head this week.

For a number of reasons, that language rubs me the wrong way, even if it's just a figure of speech. Manny's a highly paid entertainer who specializes in a sport. It's not a privilege to watch him do anything. It's merely an option among many.
I consider it a privilege to watch anyone who is a master at what they do. I once got to watch Hal Holbrook do his Mark Twain makeup. That was a great privilege, as was watching Brooks play 3B.

Archived