April 25th-26th @ Chicago

McNulty

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Texas traded Danks to Chicago for another young starting pitching prospect who name temporarily escapes me in a straight up deal. I've seen both guys pitch several times and Texas is insane.

It was Brandon McCarthy.

The Rangers sent top pitching prospect John Danks, their top pick in 2003, along with reliever Nick Masset and 20-year-old right-hander Jacob Rasner to the Chicago White Sox for 23-year-old right-hander Brandon McCarthy. They also received minor league outfielder David Paisano.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/122406dnsporangerstrade.39fa6227.html' rel="external nofollow">

Link.

A lot of people have questioned whether Burres has the stuff necessary to be a quality ML starter. He doesn't throw that hard (mid to upper 80's), but he actually looks remarkably similar to Danks. Both have very good curves and don't throw that hard (Danks throws a bit harder). In the first inning, the Sox announcers said his stuff was comparable to Buehrle's. If Burres can attack the zone on a regular basis like he has today, I think he can really be an asset.

Brandon McCarthy. He looked sharp at the time and was already in the majors.

The Rangers need to be blown up and start from scratch.

I agree. I thought this was a risky, but okay deal at the time for Texas, but McCarthy just hasn't lived up to expectations.

I'm not too impressed with Daniels. He's had good chips and has wasted them all. Salty was overhyped. Andrus is the best player out of that Tex trade. Trading away Young and Gonzalez was absolutely stupid. And Danks is way better than McCarthy.

The only good trade he made was Gagne for Gabbard and Murphy. Murphy was a good pickup.

Archived