Are we concerned about O'Day yet?

ArtVanDelay

I agree. I was very surprised they resigned him. I thought they would have been just fine with Brach and Givens. The money could have gone to a more pressing need. Regardless of how this season turns out for him, it's hard to imagine him being so effective at 36.

I think they assume O'Day was vital to the bullpens success. Its kind of a cheap stop gap to not having much of a rotation. To me the signing has Buck written all over it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last 10 appearances for O'Day (9.2 IP) : 11 hits, 4 walks, 4 homers, 5.59 ERA, 1.016 OPS

I believe 2 of those walks were intentional, but those are still some really ugly numbers.

The only real issue with that stat line is the bolded. He's given up a few home runs recently. Needs to quell that.

Explain what you think the difference is, please. I'm neither worried nor concerned.

To me it is a matter of degree. If I am concerned about something than it is something I think needs to be watched for to see if it becomes an issue. Once we get to worried status it has become clear it is an issue and the question is the degree of problem.

I was concerned when the O's signed O'Day to that extension. If his declining performance continues than I will be worried about his role in the pen.

As is often the case with the English language your mileage may vary.

Explain what you think the difference is, please. I'm neither worried nor concerned.

A worried person sees a problem while a concerned person solves one. I'm worried the Orioles weren't concerned with signing O'Day to a four year deal.

A worried person sees a problem while a concerned person solves one. I'm worried the Orioles weren't concerned with signing O'Day to a four year deal.

I'm concerned that we appear worried about things at this level.

To me it is a matter of degree. If I am concerned about something than it is something I think needs to be watched for to see if it becomes an issue. Once we get to worried status it has become clear it is an issue and the question is the degree of problem.

This is well put. I am concerned when the Orioles lose two or three games in secession. I become worried when it gets to 5 of 6 and everything seems to be going the wrong way. Hitting, Pitching, Defense..

What do you worry about? Do you worry about:

1) Adam Jones with a mid 600 OPS going into June?

2) Ubaldo Jimenez looking terrible?

Or do you just not worry about anything regarding the Orioles?

He'll start to worry when they clinch a losing record for the season.

I have been a fan who suffered through all the years since 1983. After having been a fan that enjoyed the years before that. 57 year years worth of which only the first few were without care. I was going along with the word play and you chose to call me out for some reason. Have a good holiday.

1. No.

2. Yes.

Archived