April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

OK, explain this one to me. With 1 strike, Anderson tries to bunt, and foul tips into Ramon's glove. The home plate umpire clearly signals that the ball was tipped there.

1. The ball isn't dead?

2. If it isn't dead, wouldn't Ramon just have to throw to Mora to tag the bag?

A caught foul tip is a strike like any other.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As bad as this sounds...the weather is getting worse...get this inning over with and go to the last so they don't stop play

Looking at the radar, it seems like the rain should end soon anyway, so any delay wouldn't be too long. In a way I'd rather have a delay so that Sherill can go in with good conditions.

Samuel takes a big part of the blame but as a baserunner you know where the ball is hit and that it is hit slow so you have to be concious that the SS might throw behind you there. I'm just saying I doubt an good, experienced baserunner probably doesn't get caught there.

Perhaps, but what if the infielder missed the ball? If i see the go sign I'm making the turn. I think Samuel realized a little too late that he should have been pointing to the bag. Perhaps a more experienced runner would have blown off the go sign and taken a look back, but I think this falls squarely on Samuel.

Archived