Drew Pomeranz is NOT an answer the O's should even consider (Red Sox)

JohnD

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's so easy. I am amazed the Red Sox don't win it all every year. I mean who else even has a chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who said it was easy? Where did I say it guarantees them a WS? But to think losing him will haunt them and doom them is pretty funny.

I honestly see it same way as buster on this one. AL east is not for every pitcher and I'm not convinced Pomeranz will handle it.

But he is much better than Price and seeing how Price has completely dominated the AL East...oh wait, maybe not.

Who said it was easy? Where did I say it guarantees them a WS? But to think losing him will haunt them and doom them is pretty funny.

You said the Sucks get whomever they want, and that they basically risk nothing in trading away prospect talent because they just sign them back anyway. If both were were true, then the Sucks should win every year. But it isn't and they don't.

"In addition to losing the benefits of working at pitcher-friendly Petco Park, Pomeranz will be stepping into an American League that contains seven of the 10 highest-scoring lineups to this point in the season. Having already thrown more innings than in any previous big league campaign, the 27-year-old could wear down against deep offenses in the second half." MLB.com

You said the Sucks get whomever they want, and that they basically risk nothing in trading away prospect talent because they just sign them back anyway. If both were were true, then the Sucks should win every year. But it isn't and they don't.

They have the means to get whoever they want. Both with money or trade pieces. Twist the rest however you want. I never said it guarantees wins. Hell, O's fans are upset over losing a run of the mill SP like Kyle Davies? The Red Sox just traded a top 15 prospect, and still could get Teheran if they wished to unload more prospects. The Orioles could trade what little it has left for Jeremy Hellickson.

The Red Sox farm may not be as good as it has been soon. They have traded away a lot of guys and now wit heir sanctions in international signing they will not be able to restock these guys as easily.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">red sox, jason groome have a deal. $3.65M pending physical.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived