Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

I think we need to move on from this. The arguments have been made both ways. They don't need to be made again and again and again. You've made your point that you feel Shoemaker is bad or sucks. The numbers say otherwise, but you are entitled to your opinion.

4 wins 9 losses 4.45 ERA 1.32 WHIp mostly in the AL West is good to you. Then say goodbye to a Championship. The Jays and Sox will eat him alive.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use MLB.com stats. And there are pitchers who shy away from the AL East because they understand its tough. Just like there are hitters who would like to play on the O's because it is a hitters ballpark. Everything I just said is new news. Meanwhile folks keep presenting options that wouldn't work for the O's in the AL East. This is not rocket science if you are a baseball fan. Sorry if anyone is offended buy my to the point analysis of the declining Angels #1 pitcher.

That's fine if you feel that way, but someone just showed he has a mid 2 ERA with a 9K per 9 in his last 10 starts...showing that he isn't declining and that his ERA is very much inflated from a couple bad starts to begin the season. He has very good stuff. You are just looking at his season last year, see a 4.45 ERA on this season as a whole, and come to this conclusion.

News flash, but there's more good offenses in the majors than just the AL East. Chicago, STL, COL, TEX, CLE, SEA, and DET are some of the best offenses in the majors as well. Two of which are in the same division as the Angels in the M's and Texas. We saw what the Mariners offense could do recently.

4 wins 9 losses 4.45 ERA 1.32 WHIp mostly in the AL West is good to you. Then say goodbye to a Championship. The Jays and Sox will eat him alive.

LOOK AT HIS LAST 10 STARTS!

Like jeez man. Considering you are looking at his W/L record it isn't helping your argument. If anything it's just making you look bad. A pitcher can only do so much to win games. The offense has to show up too. A pitcher can go 6-7+ IP with 1-2 ER and could lose because the offense couldn't push a run across.

Lol wins and losses again.

Goodbye to championship? You think he's worse than Jimenez and Gallardo and Wilson and Wright?

That's fine if you feel that way, but someone just showed he has a mid 2 ERA with a 9K per 9 in his last 10 starts...showing that he isn't declining and that his ERA is very much inflated from a couple bad starts to begin the season. He has very good stuff. You are just looking at his season last year, see a 4.45 ERA on this season as a whole, and come to this conclusion.

News flash, but there's more good offenses in the majors than just the AL East. Chicago, STL, COL, TEX, CLE, SEA, and DET are some of the best offenses in the majors as well. Two of which are in the same division as the Angels in the M's and Texas. We saw what the Mariners offense could do recently.

Stats don't lie he is 4 wins 9 losses 4.45 ERA 1.32 WHIp. Didn't Ubaldo have a good outing in SD. How has that worked out since.

Stats don't lie he is 4 wins 9 losses 4.45 ERA 1.32 WHIp. Didn't Ubaldo have a good outing in SD. How has that worked out since.

Ok, there is no reason for me to even talk to you anymore. This is probably the worst argument from the other side I've ever been apart of. If you care THAT much about a few starts to begin the year when he's shown over his last 10 starts (65-70 IP, pretty large sample size I'd say), than I don't know what to tell you.

As for the "He has a 4-9 w/l record, he sucks." argument, I can't help but laugh. You have lost all credibility after continuing to use that line.

A starter goes out of the game winning 1-0, tossing 7 shutout inning. The bullpen gives up the lead, leading to a no decision for the starter. He didn't get the win. So we should take away from that starter?

Starter tosses a CG with 2 ER. Other starter pitches a CG with 1 ER. That starter takes the loss yet goes 9 IP, 2 ER. So that means he sucks?

It's a terrible argument. Don't use W/L in grading a starter. Wins and losses have to do with the team, not JUST the starter. Shoemaker plays on a poor team, so wins are going to be harder to come by.

Lol wins and losses again.

Goodbye to championship? You think he's worse than Jimenez and Gallardo and Wilson and Wright?

Honestly I don't know because he is not pitching against the #1 hitting club in the major league called the Red Sox. So I will project that his number would be not better as evidence of his only trip to Boston in which he lasted 4ip. That sounds like what we have already.

I'm embarrassed for him.

Got me before my edit. :(

But yeah, I want to walk away from this discussion with him but I keep coming back to hopefully get him to realize this. It's fine to not like a pitcher, but when you are clearly proven wrong and using poor arguments like he is it's frustrating.

Honestly I don't know because he is not pitching against the #1 hitting club in the major league called the Red Sox. So I will project that his number would be not better as evidence of his only trip to Boston in which he lasted 4ip. That sounds like what we have already.

Madison Bumgarner pitches in the NL West. He doesn't pitch against the AL East. He sucks. No reason to trade for him.

You see how poor all these arguments you are making are just terrible, right? I know Shoemaker is no ace, but you continuing to go to W/L record, the fact that he isn't in the ALE (News flash, there is only 5 of the 30 teams in the ALE, you aren't going to get a starter from a division foe unless you pay a TON) so that means he sucks is just ridiculous.

Got me before my edit. :(

But yeah, I want to walk away from this discussion with him but I keep coming back to hopefully get him to realize this. It's fine to not like a pitcher, but when you are clearly proven wrong and using poor arguments like he is it's frustrating.

Clearly? This was a pitcher who was demoted back to the minors this year he was so bad. Please you must have another name in mind. Or is this guy related to you?

Archived