Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

No, I think he believes most of what he says. At least he does at first and is willing to beat his argument to the ground regardless of being presented with conflicting data. This behavior is really common on the internet in general, less common here thankfully these characters usually get weeded out.

What conflicting data? You mean this? What about those numbers excites you so much?

2015 he was

7 wins 10 losses 4.46ERA 1.26 WHIp

2016 currently

4 wins 9 losses 4.45ERA 1.32 WHIp

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I think he believes most of what he says. At least he does at first and is willing to beat his argument to the ground regardless of being presented with conflicting data. This behavior is really common on the internet in general, less common here thankfully these characters usually get weeded out.

Loose convictions, strongly held.

What conflicting data? You mean this? What about those numbers excites you so much?

2015 he was

7 wins 10 losses 4.46ERA 1.26 WHIp

2016 currently

4 wins 9 losses 4.45ERA 1.32 WHIp

It's a vicious cycle with you, we all know the surface numbers! His 3.66 FIP and 9K/9 ratio excite me much more than throwing Ubaldo or Tyler Wilson out there every fifth day.

I'm not sure anyone here has been claiming Shoemaker to be a TOR arm, but he could definitely help the ball club and is cost controlled for the next several years.

But this has all been pointed out to you already. Not sure why I am wasting my breath. I am not going to mention Shoemaker again until the deadline passes. This discussion can move on to other relevant players.

It's a vicious cycle with you, we all know the surface numbers! His 3.66 FIP and 9K/9 ratio excite me much more than throwing Ubaldo or Tyler Wilson out there every fifth day.

I'm not sure anyone here has been claiming Shoemaker to be a TOR arm, but he could definitely help the ball club and is cost controlled for the next several years.

But this has all been pointed out to you already. Not sure why I am wasting my breath.

Wilson is back in AAA.

I think Gallardo has got the 4th slot for the moment and once Worley comes back. I suspect we might see him in the 5th SP and Ubaldo in the pen. IMO

Hector Felipe Santiago 2016

6 wins 4 losses 4.58 ERA

His last 2 outings against the Sox and Rays

6ip & 7ip ZERO runs respectfully .. why is Hector not an option. He is on that same bad Angels squad? And he is a 28 yo lefty. and in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 he had a sub 4 ERA in each year. Batters never hit above .250 on him since 2011.

6 wins 4 losses 4.58 ERA

6ip & 7ip ZERO runs respectfully .. why is Hector not an option. He is on that same bad Angels squad? And he is a 28 yo lefty. and in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 he had a sub 4 ERA in each year.

Who said he wasn't an option?

Santiago's last 10 starts: 5.77 ERA, .238/.344/.453 - .797 OPS, 10 homers in only 48 1/3 IP.

I mean...he's not going deep into games. He's allowing a lot of homers. He's walking a ton of batters (his walk rate on the year is 4.0 BB/9 and has actually been much worse in his last 10. He's allowed 28 walks in 48 1/3 IP. That's a 5.2 BB/9.

All in all...I mean, he's better than Ubaldo. But that's the lowest bar ever.

No one has mentioned him. Seems to be a fixation with Shoe. If you are going to play GM. And we need a lefty why has no one mentioned Hector for the last 2 days.

There is a fixation on Shoemaker because you would not let the debate die.

My OP listed about 15 different names including Santiago and I thought this thread could be used to debate them all, not just one player. Hector has a year and change of team control. I would not have a problem moving Mancini in a deal for him.

Santiago's last 10 starts: 5.77 ERA, .238/.344/.453 - .797 OPS, 10 homers in only 48 1/3 IP.

I mean...he's not going deep into games. He's allowing a lot of homers. He's walking a ton of batters (his walk rate on the year is 4.0 BB/9 and has actually been much worse in his last 10. He's allowed 28 walks in 48 1/3 IP. That's a 5.2 BB/9.

That is a concern. We should be targeting guys who are pitching well (now) and he obviously isn't.

There is a fixation on Shoemaker because you would not let the debate die.

My OP listed about 15 different names including Santiago and I thought this thread could be used to debate them all, not just one player. Hector has a year and change of team control. I would not have a problem moving Mancini in a deal for him.

Wait Chucks.. I think I made it perfectly clear I don't think Shoe is worthy of our prospects. And each time I have asked for a new name. Someone is presenting to me or the board the merits of Shoe. So now we can debate Hector. Already one who is not a Hector fan. Who else?

That is a concern. We should be targeting guys who are pitching well (now) and he obviously isn't.

His last 2 outings against the Sox and Rays against team we will actually be playing the most Mr. objective

6ip & 7ip ZERO runs respectfully

Orioles trade rumors: Team was "on the verge" of acquiring Hector Santiago from Angels

http://www.camdenchat.com/2016/2/19/11064238/orioles-trade-rumors-hector-santiago-angels

I guess DD likes him too.. Go figure!

6 wins 4 losses 4.58 ERA

6ip & 7ip ZERO runs respectfully .. why is Hector not an option. He is on that same bad Angels squad? And he is a 28 yo lefty. and in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 he had a sub 4 ERA in each year. Batters never hit above .250 on him since 2011.

Hector is a strong option and one the Orioles have pursued before.

Archived