Tuesday's Start - Goes to Worley

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the best decision. Worley is absolutely one of the top 5 starters in the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a huge Worley guy but this seems painfully obvious. You MUST start him.

I don't know why it's taken so long to give him a shot. (Maybe we will see why...)

But they said he was brought in to compete for a spot. It's almost offensive that they've stuck with the other flotsam for as long as they did.

3.89 ERA and 5.8 IP/Start in 83 career starts. Even if you bump those stats up a bit since a majority of his starts have been in the NL, that sounds glorious compared to what our #4/5 starters have been giving.

I think he'll be fine.

I don't know why it's taken so long to give him a shot. (Maybe we will see why...)

But they said he was brought in to compete for a spot. It's almost offensive that they've stuck with the other flotsam for as long as they did.

I totally agree with you...been wondering for a month, when Wright and Wilson were increasingly ineffective, why Worley wasn't given a start. Glad to see Vance get a shot.

Who gets removed? Despaigne, Jimenez, Hart, Roe? Kim to DL?

According to Sunday's Sun, Ubaldo is no longer in the rotation. The team wants him to work on his struggles in the bullpen. So it looks like the rotation is now (not sure the order): Tillman, Gausman, Gallardo, Worley, and Bundy.

According to Sunday's Sun, Ubaldo is no longer in the rotation. The team wants him to work on his struggles in the bullpen. So it looks like the rotation is now (not sure the order): Tillman, Gausman, Gallardo, Worley, and Bundy.

Worley got hurt at the wrong time. Does not surprise me that we will hide Ubaldo in the pen over the next 6 weeks till Sept 1st. We're not the type of franchise that can just eat that money for one season, let alone two.

Worley got hurt at the wrong time. Does not surprise me that we will hide Ubaldo in the pen over the next 6 weeks till Sept 1st. We're not the type of franchise that can just eat that money for one season, let alone two.
If Angelos and Company don't want to eat up all that salary, then they will have to try and fix Ubaldo. He is dealing with the crisis of his velocity decreasing. This frequently happens with 30+ year old pitchers. They have to figure out how to adjust to this lessening of velocity. He needs to really sharpen his fastball command. Once that happens on a consistent basis, he's got a couple of other pitches coming along, but they are not yet there all the time. This will take patience and effort, which the team realizes is best done in the pen. Start with low-leverage situations and go from there. Ubaldo once said that he will do anything to improve, including moving to the pen.

Hope our home fans don't constantly boo him while he is making his efforts to improve. He needs our support more than ever.

I must be missing something. Worley just pitched Sunday, and he's expected to start on Tuesday?

Sunday was treated like a SP day to throw.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Orioles manager Buck Showalter confirmed this afternoon that Vance Worley will start Tuesday night against the Yankees in the Bronx.

Worley retired all five batters he faced today and threw 13 of 16 pitches for strikes after relieving Dylan Bundy in a 5-2 loss to the Rays before 16,161 at Tropicana Field.

The abbreviated outing allows Worley to come back two nights later and fill the fifth starter’s spot. His last start was April 15.

Sunday was treated like a SP day to throw.

Despaigne is going to have to pitch big innings for us. Worley, Bundy and Gallardo are all 4-5 IP SP's right now.

Can't believe we've gone through 23 pitchers and we're pretty much right back where were to start the year. Worley in the rotation.

Archived