Tyler Wilson stepping up as 6th starter is meaningful.

wildcard

August is a tough month for pitching. The heat makes pitchers tire and injuries happen. Last year both Wright and Wilson went on the DL and Miguel Gonzalez pitched a good part of the month hurt before going on the DL in September.

Tyler Wilson's 4 innings of no hit, no run baseball was great to see. He had pitched to a 4.19 ERA until last June. Not great but very useful. Then he have two stinker starts where he allowed 13 runs. He needed a rest. Buck and Dan give him the time off. Now he is back and ready to help the O's through August.

Come September with the roster expansion we will see Drake, Hart, Tolliver, McFarland, Wright and probably Miranda to soak up the innings. But having a healthy Tyler Wilson to start or relief in August could be big. If the O's don't add another starter at the deadline, Wilson could be very big.

It would be typical O's to send Wilson down but I am not sure they do it this time. They will lose him for 10 days if they option him. I think they may be all right with lose with for 3 days rest than to lose him for 10 days. There are not a lot of others in the minors that can do what Wilson did last night.

I guess we will know soon.

I look at it as 12 pitchers, 12 hitters and Ubaldo.

It would be typical O's to send Wilson down but I am not sure they do it this time. They will lose him for 10 days if they option him. I think they may be all right with lose with for 3 days rest than to lose him for 10 days. There are not a lot of others in the minors that can do what Wilson did last night.

I guess we will know soon.

I look at it as 12 pitchers, 12 hitters and Ubaldo.

Ubaldo isn't going down.

Its either Wilson, or another reliever.

Its not 10 days, if you have an injury, or paternity, etc.

You are a great fan Wildcard, but we should not put a lot of stock in 4 innings. I like Wilson and hope he stays around, but as a starter he gets exposed.

I still think our best "shot in the arm" would be if wright can put together some consistency and be a viable guy to start for us down the stretch. To me he has more potential than anyone we are looking at realistically trading for. On a side note, Buck is unbelievable. The most wins in baseball with this starting staff!

I still think our best "shot in the arm" would be if wright can put together some consistency and be a viable guy to start for us down the stretch. To me he has more potential than anyone we are looking at realistically trading for. On a side note, Buck is unbelievable. The most wins in baseball with this starting staff!

Wright has not looked good at all, this year. I don't know if the team is going to give him another shot during the stretch run.

What is the plan for the rotation? Are the skipping Worley in Toronto or are they giving Tillman two extra days? If they are skipping Worley, then they could probably get by with keeping Wilson up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're setting up our rotation for the TOR series. We're up 2 games so a sweep would be bad. Right now it's looking like,

FRI Gausman vs. Estrada

SAT Gallardo vs. Happ

SUN Tillman vs. Sanchez

Then the trade deadline is on MON. So there could be a reinforcement coming. Looks like we didn't want to risk Worley having a short outing up there. Worley could potentially pitch out of the pen up there. Looks like we're going up there with everything in order as best as it can.

We're setting up our rotation for the TOR series. We're up 2 games so a sweep would be bad. Right now it's looking like,

FRI Gausman vs. Estrada

SAT Gallardo vs. Happ

SUN Tillman vs. Sanchez

Then the trade deadline is on MON. So there could be a reinforcement coming. Looks like we didn't want to risk Worley having a short outing up there. Worley could potentially pitch out of the pen up there. Looks like we're going up there with everything in order as best as it can.

Yeah, that's about as good a set of matchups as we could ask for. Gallardo's always a wild card, but he's got good numbers against Toronto. No Dickey knuckleball to throw our bats out of sync. Off day on Monday, so the pen should be readily available.

Archived