Roe DFA - Ondrusek signed - Roe claimed by Atlanta

Yardball85

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep but still. Pretty sure Aristotle is now "not upset" since he has an option per WC. Actually, you seem "upset" to me but IMHO....:slytf:

I'm not even close to upset.

When Dan traded for Parra I was upset.

When Dan sold the draft pick to shed Matusz's salary I was upset.

This?

Not hardly.

Wondering the same thing. Rather have Roe.

I am surprised Roe was let go. He's a good second half pitcher. And to let him go for a guy that hasn't pitched in MLB in 2 years? Hoping they know something we don't.

I am surprised Roe was let go. He's a good second half pitcher. And to let him go for a guy that hasn't pitched in MLB in 2 years? Hoping they know something we don't.

When Toronto claims Roe, it will be further proof that Dan is working for them:)

Yep but still. Pretty sure Aristotle is now "not upset" since he has an option per WC. Actually, you seem "upset" to me but IMHO....:slytf:

Yep. Nothing to be upset about. Wildcard's explanation makes sense. Assuming DD has already determined that Roe is not in our plans, anyone with an option has more value than Roe, especially if there is a trade in the works involving Roe. We can take a look at Ondrusek and option him whenever we want a LHP or someone else.

I'm not even close to upset.

When Dan traded for Parra I was upset.

When Dan sold the draft pick to shed Matusz's salary I was upset.

This?

Not hardly.

You sound upset telling me you're not :P but Wada I know! Have a great second half! :D

I don't get why people are so upset about this.

We are replacing a middling reliever who was picked up off the scrap heap (Chad Roe) with another middling reliever who was picked up off the scrap heap (Logan Ondrusek).

If they've scouted this guy and think he might be better in our bullpen, or a better fit for our needs, than Roe, what is so horrible about this move to generate the kind of angst it seems to be generating here?

I know that there is a general angry mood on the board because recent losses have dropped us to only having the second best record in the AL, but the reaction to this move seems overwrought.

Gotta agree here with Steve. On the surface I don't really get this move, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see him pitch.

Big Roe fan.Delicious.

Shad Roe.

About 30 years ago I was in a riverside town in Connecticut during the shad run. They roasted the freshly caught fish, plentiful with roe, outdoors on cedar planks propped up around small fires. Glasses of white wine, my pipe, and good conversation with people trying to reconstruct the daily life of colonial settlers finished the afternoon under huge shade trees. Someday I'll go again.

I don't get why people are so upset about this.

We are replacing a middling reliever who was picked up off the scrap heap (Chad Roe) with another middling reliever who was picked up off the scrap heap (Logan Ondrusek).

If they've scouted this guy and think he might be better in our bullpen, or a better fit for our needs, than Roe, what is so horrible about this move to generate the kind of angst it seems to be generating here?

I know that there is a general angry mood on the board because recent losses have dropped us to only having the second best record in the AL, but the reaction to this move seems overwrought.

I don't get it either. Chad Roe never even got into a game with us. He's no Chaz Roe ;)

o

Ondrusek's 1st game as an Oriole.

3 OUTS: 1 Strikeout, 1 Groundout, 1 Flyout

LOGAN JARED ONDRUSEK O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/30)

IP:l 1

H:;; 0 ll

R:l) 0

BB:)0

SO:)1

Pitches: 14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

2016 ERA: 0.00

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

o

Ondrusek's 1st game as an Oriole.

3 OUTS: 1 Strikeout, 1 Groundout, 1 Flyout

LOGAN JARED ONDRUSEK O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/30)

IP:l 1

H:;; 0 ll

R:l) 0

BB:)0

SO:)1

Pitches: 14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

2016 ERA: 0.00

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

He looked real good. Live fastball and decent slider.

Archived