Wade Miley --another bust

Specman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

This is how I viewed Wade Miley's 11 starts for the Orioles this season.

11) ) DECENT ) (4 runs in 5 innings is below average in terms of overall results, but I thought that he was particularly unlucky with several bloop hits by the opponent AND the Orioles' defense letting him down in his 5th and final inning of work.)

12) ) PRETTY GOOD

13) ) VERY BAD

14) ) HORRIBLE

15) ) DECENT

16) ) PRETTY GOOD

17) ) HORRIBLE ) Although Miley was hit very hard in this outing, he was also victimized by very bad defense in the 1st inning. Manny Machado booted a double play ball, leaving runners on 1st and 2nd base with nobody out, instead of 2 outs with nobody on base. Right after that, Steve Pearce dropped a ball in the outfield. Instead of a 5-run first inning, he easily could have gotten out of it with no runs. I suspect that the Red Sox still would have eventually gotten to Miley, and KO'd him somewhere between the 4th and 5th innings, but I don't think that his outing would have been as horrific as his final line actually was.

18) ) BELOW AVERAGE

19) ) GOOD ) Start was aborted after 4 shutout innings by back spasms.

10) ) VERY GOOD

11) ) DECENT

o

I wouldnt count Miley out for next year. He starts fresh. He's a lefty. He finished reeasonably strong. He will not be asked to be much more than a 4 or 5. I think we are better for having Miley than not.

He has the potential to be a decent back end guy.

I wouldnt count Miley out for next year. He starts fresh. He's a lefty. He finished reeasonably strong. He will not be asked to be much more than a 4 or 5. I think we are better for having Miley than not.

I think that Wade Miley came onboard and tried to impress and was a "Thrower" instead of a "Pitcher" in his early outings. Once he had a conversation with Scott McGregor he seemed to improve his overall demeanor on the mound and decided in favor of being a "Pitcher" instead of just "Heaving" the rock.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/09/wade-miley-on-his-outing-and-other-clubhouse-quotes.html

Archived