vs. RED SOX, 8/16

OFFNY

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry. This team is just better than we are. Better hitting. Better pitching. Period.We will be exposed as a very average team in the second half.

We really haven't hit much for any decent duration in the 2nd half that I can remember. The bats (with only a few exceptions) have been asleep. This team is not making the playoffs period unless they start hitting and there's really only been sporadic signs of life. Game on now. Gotta step it up.

curse words of various types

I know, at least it's a nice night at the Yard. My friend paid for tickets but it took us 2hrs and 15 minutes to get here from Fairfax and the O's don't even have a hit yet chasing everything out of the zone. Really thought Gallardo would get out of it but the sawx lineup is crazy.

No. He's just really good at hitting homeruns in a bandbox of a ballpark against mediocre pitching.

5-foot-9 Mookie Betts suddenly becomes a #4 hitter on the same team is an "ageless" wonder leads the league in SLG? Call me suspicious!

Wow, that's pure luck for us. EdRod won't be able to throw his No-No against us if he's out of the game. Pure luck.

Will Boston's pen get 15 outs before we score 3 runs? That's a lot to ask of a bullpen, IMO... especially one without either Zach Britton OR Koji Uehara. If we hold them at 3, EdRod's injury might just be the break we needed to cheese our way into a win tonight.

We'll still have to fight for it, but them losing their impeccable Cy Young starter in the 5th with no outs is huge for us.

Archived