Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that some cost cutting might surprise us.

Why are the Orioles cost cutting? They made according to Bloomberg 86 million on stadium revenue. Gate receipts, Concessions, Parking and Sponsorships. 48.75 million from the National TV deal.That doesn't include the local tv and radio deals.MASN makes alot of money just baser on what was said in rhe court case.The Orioles raised ticket prices 20% on average .If attendance is down 200,000 how much revenue did they lose if they raised prices?

Why are the Orioles cost cutting? They made according to Bloomberg 86 million on stadium revenue. Gate receipts, Concessions, Parking and Sponsorships. 48.75 million from the National TV deal.That doesn't include the local tv and radio deals.MASN makes alot of money just baser on what was said in rhe court case.The Orioles raised ticket prices 20% on average .If attendance is down 200,000 how much revenue did they lose if they raised prices?

They spent the money. They won. Folks stayed away. Cut costs.

Attendance last night was shockingly bad for a team in contention, on a weekend, in September, with the Yankees in town.

In all the Orioles games I have ever attended, I have never once given more than a passing thought to who they were playing when deciding whether or not to attend a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They spent the money. They won. Folks stayed away. Cut costs.

But I think some of it was self inflicted. Try some new marketing strategies. Season tickets out earlier. Sell tickets at fanfest.4 packs and other packs.Promote the team during the offseason. Ticket discounts and lower tickets during April and May.Other teams raise prices after that time. Try something new.Marketing 101...

Archived