Will the fans show?

Todd-O

If price and day of week are equal than the Sox and Yankees would attract more fans. The fact is though Orioles fans have no desire to pay a premium to see those teams play, even more so during the week.

I'd rather see the Mariners or Twins or something. The experience will be more fun. Sox and Yankees fans are unpleasant to be around.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just the market forces of the traveling and displaced Red Sox and Yankees fans... and the ones who just root for them because of their name and were raised here.

Yankee's stadium used to sell out for every game. Now that they can't sell out tickets it doesn't make sense for fans to travel to Baltimore to see a Yankee game.

Yankee's stadium used to sell out for every game. Now that they can't sell out tickets it doesn't make sense for fans to travel to Baltimore to see a Yankee game.

They're also not getting #1 seeds in the play-offs on a regular basis anymore either. And they did very well with attendance, but they also sat well over something like 55,000 people or more in the old Yankee Park. I doubt many of those were sell-outs, even in the 4,000,000 years.

Suburban white people are so weird sometimes. They won't go to a baseball game because they can't stand the fact of having to walk past poor, ghetto dangerous black people. But then they throw all this money (yes, Section 8 is Federal and State tax credits, not city) when the city isn't ghetto ENOUGH for them.

Wait a minute, when I paid my taxes, and filled out the form of where my money should go...I didn't leave it to welfare recipients. :cool:

Did they ever really sell out the new stadium? On a consistent basis? Actual fans in actual seats?

The Yankees drew 53,070 average in the old stadium last year (2008). In he new stadium their best attendance was 46k in 2010. They have been on a downward spiral in attendance. Only 38k this year.

Wait a minute, when I paid my taxes, and filled out the form of where my money should go...I didn't leave it to welfare recipients. :cool:

I mean, I'm very liberal myself. You may be joking around by safety nets and benefit programs are very important to the success of a country. I just object to disrupting the real estate market to the point that they do. They should be encouraging mobility and investment in troubled areas. If they want to provide affordable places to live, they should only give subsidies to places that are developing and off the beaten path that they can build up.

o

For anybody that is at all familiar with that whole situation, it's pretty hard to miss my sarcasm about it.

Like Malike, I don't use the emotions for a dry sense of humor, because that would make the dry humor wet.

Here's another take on it:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7o_HbyIZXY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember that. I was in high school then and remember seeing the signs of ban the Beatles.

I mean, I'm very liberal myself. You may be joking around by safety nets and benefit programs are very important to the success of a country. I just object to disrupting the real estate market to the point that they do. They should be encouraging mobility and investment in troubled areas. If they want to provide affordable places to live, they should only give subsidies to places that are developing and off the beaten path that they can build up.

It's the American way...Lets take money from the people that work, and give it to the trifling bums who don't work.

I get that the players want fans there. I was just pointing out that everybody has a different set of circumstances, and spending money on baseball doesn't always fit in to the budget.

I was seriously on the phone with my wife last night making arrangements to go Saturday night or Sunday day when they fell apart in the 6th inning.

Yes you are right that some have different circumstances. Good luck to you and family.

They want fans to support the team. It has nothing to do with the money they make. It's just being supportive of the team like Ravens fans do. Sorry you lost so much during a hurricane.

With most fans as far as season tickets go it's either/or and not both. I think there were a good many O's fans who had sticker shock when it came to season tickets. Either scaling back their plans or ditching them all together. It might bounce back next year.

Was there on Wedneday with my friend. We got tickets 4 rows behind 3rd base for 40 a piece. The scalpers were telling us they can't believe how empty it is and are taking a hit. Normally, they would make bank on these games.

Even Jones said the marketing a promo team isn't good or something along those lines. Maybe do ticket specials for anyone with a DMV plus Delaware and Pennsylvania license. I'll never blame a fan for not attending a game. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of attendance but sametime the FO isn't doing much from a ticket special standpoint and maybe fans are getting tired of the hack at everything approach as well.

Wasn't aware that many people don't want to come down to the yard due to the past riots etc. I've always felt extremely safe around the yard but obviously that is not the case for everyone and maybe only time will allow that to change. Not a knock against anyone, just a observation.

It's the American way...Lets take money from the people that work, and give it to the trifling bums who don't work.

More like spend it on defense, corporate gifts and loopholes, and the interest on our debt :laughlol:

We're a pretty far cry from the social programs that have worked in the rest of the developed world. Very little actually gets to the people who need it here.

Archived