The gloating thread

Frobby

To all the posters who started threads like "The Fat Lady Has Sung," "The Season is Over," "We're Not Making the Playoffs;"

To all the posters who counted this team out, said they were not mentally tough, said the race would be over in mid-May, mid-July, or some other time;

To everyone who said the sweep by Boston was the death knell for this team;

You may now eat your crow. You underestimated this team, overreacted when they had tough times and didn't give them credit for being the tough, gritty, resilient team that they are. And you were wrong.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To all the posters who started threads like "The Fat Lady Has Sung," "The Season is Over," "We're Not Making the Playoffs;"

To all the posters who counted this team out, said they were not mentally tough, said the race would be over in mid-May, mid-July, or some other time;

You may now eat your crow. You underestimated this team, overreacted when they had tough times and didn't give them credit for being the tough, gritty, resilient team that they are. And you were wrong.

image.png?w=400&c=1

I have to admit I turned the game off last Wednesday after the 7th and had given up on the game. I had strong faith in the team until they were swept by the Red Sox. Lost a little bit there. Never said they were out of it though.

Thank you!

I think one of the most annoying things about forums is the absolute certainty that some people speak. There's one poster I'm thinking of who paints the most dreadful picture constantly of the Orioles. They'll never come back from being behind in a game thread, they don't have this, they don't have that, etc. How is it even fun being a fan if you constantly have that mindset? I love this team....162 games is a long season, you have to understand that there will be highs and lows. The Orioles weathered them in order to make it this far. That in itself is a pretty good accomplishment.

Archived