The gloating thread

Frobby

Didn't Keith Law and some fangraphs writers claim the O's would be some sort of all time horrible team? Wonder what they have to say now.

They will never mention it. Doesn't both of them say about the Orioles every year?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I owe ubaldo an apology, I was pretty frustrated with his outings but he stepped up like I could never imagine in my wildest dreams.

Other than that I always thought this team had amazing character and heart.

That's why I think they will relax even more and make a run. They have been through so much this season and they haven't flinched. The 2016 Orioles aren't scared and I don't think they feel any pressure which is why I believe they will go deep this postseason while other teams buckle under pressure.

The line between success and failure can be very thin. To have missed the playoffs this year would have taken a just a few things to have gone the other way. If they lose on Tuesday I suspect all the naysayers will be out in full force saying that they hadn't really accomplished anything by playing one wildcard game. To me this has been a successful season. They seem to be an easy bunch of guys to root for which is a reflection on the manager and the way this team has been assembled. I hope this season goes on but either way it to me it has been fun to watch. I remember the 14 years of losing and this last five are way better then that.

This team has just exuded resiliency all season long. They've never gotten neither too high or too low, no matter how bad things got. As for those who argue they're not really in the playoffs if they don't beat Toronto, I wipe my you know what with comments like that. In baseball it's all about just getting that opportunity, because anything can happen. Once again, the Orioles will be one of those teams.

I was very wrong

I picked them to lose 90 games and they almost won 90 games

I thought the starting pitching would be horrible,and it was, but it didn't matter

I thought the OF defense would be horrible, and it was but it didn't matter.

I thought the O'day signing was horrible, and it was but it didn't matter

I thought the CD signing was horrible, and it is or will be anyway, but it didn't matter

I still look at the roster and the Toronto roster and can't figure out how they finished with the same record.

Buck is good, and I grudgingly give DD credit for creating a win now culture

Although I take a lot of flak on OH, rest assured that I'm very happy that the O's are in the WC game, although I hate the whole one game thing,

and I'm no longer feeling very smart about my predictions concerning the O's... I think I'll decline on guessing at

all next year

I was wrong.

At the start of the season, I thought they'd be a .500 team at best

In August I thought they didn't have the right team to make a run

In September I thought they were done after the Red Sox swept them

And I couldn't be happier to be wrong.

I was always saying this team could make a run. I love being right some days. :D I'm kidding yah buddy. This team could be infuriating to watch sometimes, but when you get hot at the right time, things get fun. This year is has been fun, let's hope it keeps going.

I was very wrong

I thought the starting pitching would be horrible,and it was, but it didn't matter

I thought the CD signing was horrible, and it is or will be anyway, but it didn't matter

I still look at the roster and the Toronto roster and can't figure out how they finished with the same record.

Although I take a lot of flak on OH, rest assured that I'm very happy that the O's are in the WC game, although I hate the whole one game thing,

and I'm no longer feeling very smart about my predictions concerning the O's... I think I'll decline on guessing at

all next year

I like how you say you are wrong and then tell us all the things you think you were right about. Here is why you were wrong.

The starting pitching was not "horrible." They weren't great but Tillman, Gausman, and Bundy were pretty good starting pitchers. The OF defense wasn't good but the infield defense was great which made up for much of the problems mostly in Left and right field. The Center fielder is still real good. The O'Day signing certainly didn't hurt this team. He was hurt but he was pretty good when he did pitch. To point to that signing as some kind of disaster is ridiculous. Chris Davis also didn't hurt this team. His defense should earn him a gold glove and he was offensively productive even though he was below what they had hoped.

I was very wrong

all next year

That is why you need to win your division. I look at the Wild Card game as an opportunity not a punishment. Back in the day you'd be out!! And justifiably so one could argue.

That is why you need to win your division. I look at the Wild Card game as an opportunity not a punishment. Back in the day you'd be out!! And justifiably so one could argue.

I agree with you, but it should be a 3 game series at least. I still think if we ended the season earlier, then playing an NHL or NBA style playoff bracket would be optimal for MLB. This is something that should be brought up in the CBA talks, along with the DH in the NL.

I was very wrong

all next year

You're wrong about more than you know.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I agree with you, but it should be a 3 game series at least. I still think if we ended the season earlier, then playing an NHL or NBA style playoff bracket would be optimal for MLB. This is something that should be brought up in the CBA talks, along with the DH in the NL.

I love the one game Wild Card. It is basically a play in game. If you don't win your division you don't get the luxury of more than one game. I really hope they don't change it.

I would rather go back to having 2 teams from each league. I don't see a point to all these playoffs you have 162 game season that should decide who deserves a shot. It makes the playoff race more exciting too. When you have teams that are just as likely to lose as win fighting for playoff spots it is sort of a let-down.

The NBA and NHL playoffs are horrible. It makes a mockery of the regular season. Why not just have playoffs and do away with the regular season.

Archived