Orioles top 10 minor league pitchers

Sports Guy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm a little bit new to the board, but just how good is Spoone? With his injury, I'm just in the dark. I don't understand why he's so high and Bascom isn't even on most lists. Again, with my limited knowledge, I don't mind Spoone staying so high; I just think Bascom belongs. Butler...maybe at the bottom of the top 10.

1) Tillman

2) Arrieta

3) Spoone

4) Hernandez

5) Penn

6) Liz

7) Butler

8) Erbe

9) Berken

10) Beato

I like your list, but I would shuffle it a little.

1) Tillman

2) Arrieta

3) Liz

4) Spoone

5) Hernandez

6) Penn

7) Erbe

8) Beato

9) Butler

10) Berken

I decided to break the rules a little bit and all I can say is HOLY MOLY!

1. Arietta
  2. Tillman
  3. Liz
  4. Hernandez
  5. Spoone
  6. Patton
  7. Penn
  8. Erbe
  9. Bascom
  10. McCrory
  11. Bergesen
  12. Berken
  13. Hoey
  14. Beato
  15. Marrioti
  16. Butler
  17. Britton

:D

Of course, Olson, Johnson, Albers and probably Loewen really belong on this list as well, IMO. This is unbelievable. I'd have a hard time believing another organization has this combination of talent and depth in their MiL system despite the hype around the Rays and Yanks.

Not saying he belongs in the Top 10, but it says something about our depth that nobody has mentioned Jake Renshaw.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/R/Jake-Renshaw.shtml

Just turned 22…

12-8 in low A last year… 112IP, 96 k's.. 113 hits, 42 walks..

Having some success this year, though his walk rate is way to high.

True, I had Renshaw* and Butler in my top 10 before I remembered Patton and Bascom. We have pitching prospects up to our eye balls.

Edit: I actually had Berken and Butler in the top 10 but I gave Renshaw a lot of consideration.

I'll jump in with the following:

Tillman, Arrietta, Liz, Spoone, DHernandez, Britton, Butler, Erbe, Beato, Patton.

Hard to believe I can't fit Berken, Bergesen or Bascom in the top 10, but I could not keep Beato or Patton off the list. Also, we just graduated Olson and we may well take a pitcher in the first round this year. That's a lot of pitching depth.

This is slightly different - I decided to include all pitchers in the organization who are 25 and under. Patton and Hoey have been downgraded significantly due to their shoulder injuries.

1 Tillman

2 Arrieta

3 Loewen

4 Liz

5 Olson

6 Spoone

7 Hernandez

8 Erbe

9 Albers

10 Butler

11 Johnson

12 Berken

13 Penn

14 Patton

15 Mariotti

16 Bergesen

17 Bascom

18 Britton

19 Mickolio

20 Renshaw

21 Bierd

22 Beato

23 Hoey

24 Perez

25 Noel

26 McCurry

27 Schmidt

As far as ranking them in order I haven't seen enough of them to comment -- although I have seen Arrieta pitch and he looks ready to me.

When I saw the Keys last year, I thought Berken and Lonsberry looked pretty good. Berken was the more intimidating, sort of like a Latroy Hawkins in his prime. Lonsberry had a nice smooth delivery with a decent but not overpowering fastball. What happened to him? I read somewhere that he was released???

With Patton, do they expect him to pitch at all this year?

Yea, I don't think you can put Patton on this list without knowing how he will come back...i am not optimistic he will ever be much of anything.

The guy that I did forget about is Bascom and believe he can bump off some guys...Britton as well.

I'm surprised how many people are sleeping on Britton.

We have a 20 y/o projectable lefty with good stuff, improving control, and very little mileage on his arm. While I would like to see Britton miss a few more bats, his GB% is a fantastic 69% right now (and was 68% last year).

1. Tillman

2. Arrieta

3. Spoone

4. Erbe

5. Hernandez

6. Britton

7. Liz

8. Bergesen - great ERA, but not missing bats

9. Berken - great K:BB, but also old for his league

10. Penn

11. Mariotti - as great as Britton's GB% is, Mariotti was at 76% last year and 81% this year, also old for league

11. Butler

12. Beato - very mediocre peripherals though he is getting GBs

13. Bascom

14. Patton - too many injury concerns, could move up to around 5 - 7 if he could prove he is healthy

15. Perez - still a peripheral favorite of mine

16. Mikolio

I'm surprised how many people are sleeping on Britton.

We have a 20 y/o projectable lefty with good stuff, improving control, and very little mileage on his arm. While I would like to see Britton miss a few more bats, his GB% is a fantastic 69% right now (and was 68% last year).

1. Tillman

2. Arrieta

3. Spoone

4. Erbe

5. Hernandez

6. Britton

7. Liz

8. Bergesen - great ERA, but not missing bats

9. Berken - great K:BB, but also old for his league

10. Penn

11. Mariotti - as great as Britton's GB% is, Mariotti was at 76% last year and 81% this year, also old for league

11. Butler

12. Beato - very mediocre peripherals though he is getting GBs

13. Bascom

14. Patton - too many injury concerns, could move up to around 5 - 7 if he could prove he is healthy

15. Perez - still a peripheral favorite of mine

16. Mikolio

Who keeps gb/fb ratios for minor leagues?

Archived