Buck Stuff

ChuckS

I like how the consensus is that this team was a favorite for the World Series and was just one bad managerial move by Buck away from winning it all. That we got this far at all is a testament to Buck. In order to win in the postseason you need to have at least one starter you feel great about. We had zero I felt 100% confident in. Gausman is getting there, but he isn't there yet. That's something we need to fix.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was my exact thought. HOW do you go to Ubaldo in this situation when Britton is already warmed up? Even if you start the inning w/ Ubaldo (which should have never happened), HOW do you let him pitch to Bautista?

intentional walk, then bring in Britton.

Put yourself in a ground ball/force out/possible double play position and give your offense at least one more shot.

No reason to go to Ubaldo in the first place

No reason to leave him in once the 2 runners got on base

No reason to let him pitch to Bautista

Our season just ended with, arguably, our best pitcher sitting and watching the game on the sidelines. I have a feeling we'll be talking about this all offseason.

<lol>, You should be happy since Ubaldo never pitched to Bautista

I'm embarrassed for you guys.

You know it's obviously a reactionary post from someone who's either drunk or so frustrated that they cannot see clearly (as evidenced by the double-capital: "BUck" in the title).

That being said, it would be interesting to have a poll in a few days of "confidence" vs. "no confidence" on Buck. I've always been a big fan, but tonight I'm wavering. I think I (and honestly all of us) need a couple of nights of sleep to properly and objectively assess the situation.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Simple point: would Joe Torre have left Rivera on the bench in an elimination game? There's no chance of that, and most likely he would pitched Mo for 2 innings.

On top of that, how can you allow this disgraceful approach at the plate to continue? Toronto made our pitchers get in deep counts and we contribute swing at first pitches. Honestly, this team got what it deserved.

I also hate how smug Buck is when he makes a mistake. He acts like people are insulting him for asking why he made a bad decision.

In this managerial position the way I see it is...who do you want to end the game having not used. Ubaldo is way higher on the "don't want to use" list than Britton.

Also don't forget Dylan Bundy was in the BP too. He had other choices.

All of these posts advocating for Buck being fired are totally reactionary. They are also unrealistic.

It's like wanting to release a really good player for making one boneheaded decision at the plate or in the field.

We're they on offense or defense at the end of the game. Because the offense didn't perform you leave your best pitcher in the pen?

I disagree with his decision, but I feel it is our lack of offensive production that lost the game. We didn't have a hit after the 6th inning. There's certainly no guarantee we would have won if we used Britton there, the way our offense was going. Again, I'm not defending his choice of Ubaldo.

We're they on offense or defense at the end of the game. Because the offense didn't perform you leave your best pitcher in the pen?

there is something of an argument to be made for that. we looked absolutely lost at the plate. we could have gone 20 innings without scoring a run.

Archived