Would you trade Machado?

dabirds

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before answering, please assume the following:

We attempt to extend him this winter and cannot come to an agreement.

There is a good offer on the table.

I would be trying to trade both Britton and Machado this winter, assuming Machado wont take an extension and there are good offers for both. I would want major league ready players in return, or very close to major league ready. I am not trying to rebuild, but keep the winning going while also planning for the future. Britton will never have higher value and we would get more for Machado trading now then waiting til next year.

Here is an idea from the Astros, I have no idea if this would interest them or not.

Alex Bregman

Lance McCullers

2 top 10 prospects

And to be clear, I am asking what YOU would do, not what you think Angelos/DD will or will not do.

Given that, you have to trade him, imo. And if Houston makes that offer, take it ASAP before they change their minds. Bregman is an absolute phenom - arguably more promising than Dansby Swanson - who Braves fans are rightly crazy about. Adding McCullers plus 2 of their top 10 prospects... heck yes.

But what if it is Buck and Dan's last year under contract and that window is still a tiny bit open?

They are headed out the door, why should they care if the team only gets a pick?

Because thinking that way would be the height of unprofessionalism?

Horse Hockey, maybe after 97, they shouldn't have run Davey out of town, after back to back ALCS.

they had good teams in 96 & 97 and then they got stupid.

I am saying is that if you look at it in hindsight it is possible that the team would have been better off.

I'm sure Cal would have liked more than three trips to the playoffs in 21 years.

Of course I wouldn't have trusted some of the GMs to orchestrate a trade of that magnitude.

I am saying is that if you look at it in hindsight it is possible that the team would have been better off.

I'm sure Cal would have liked more than three trips to the playoffs in 21 years.

Of course I wouldn't have trusted some of the GMs to orchestrate a trade of that magnitude.

Of course he would, but he did get a WS Ring as part of the 1983 crew, and some players spend their whole career without one.

Cal bled Orioles Orange, just like Roy Firestone does, and I honesty can't picture him in any other uniform, and thankfully, we never had to cross that bridge.

The Orioles between 84 and 95 weren't truly bad, for the most part, they won more than they lost, it wasn't until after 97, went they went into their really bad spell.

Pretty sure Gillick wanted to retool, if not rebuild, and that's why he left.

Gillick came out of retirement to a guide a team that was close to winning a championship, which they didn't.

He left at the end of his 3 year contract.

IMO, I suspect he found out that Angelos then, was not a bundle of joy to work under.

As Frank Wren found out and was fired after just a year at the helm.

Just wondering - what does Cal's situation have to do with Manny's? Manny can leave the O's as he's reaching his peak years. Was there ever any real danger of Cal leaving?

I think his last contract was the toughest for him, if my memory serves correctly, he wasn't asking for mega money, but back then, Angelos wasnt an ideal owner, either.

Archived