Would you trade Machado?

dabirds

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is what made him arrogant years later. That and in an interview he said he lost $4 million on the club that year.

He made the right call in '96. that team had way too many good players, hall of famers to just start over. That team could still draw 3M+ even today.

Every player is tradable if the return is good enough. I'd try to lock him up over the next 2 months, and if there isn't a deal to be had, then I'd quietly shop him. If there's a great return available for him, I'd part ways, but if we aren't blown away, I'd continue to hold on to him for now.

A question for discussion - Does the Chris Davis 7 year contract decrease what the O's think they can afford to pay Manny? When they signed Davis, were they - in effect - saying we probably won't sign Manny?

I would say yes except that the Davis signing was always presented as an ownership decision.

I don't know how that would change things.

I don't see how they can build a team around both of their salaries going forward without significantly increasing the budget.

I would say yes except that the Davis signing was always presented as an ownership decision.

I don't know how that would change things.

I don't see how they can build a team around both of their salaries going forward without significantly increasing the budget.

I don't think it would be impossible to fill out a competitive roster by spending $100M on the remaining 23 guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be...if the farm system wasn't 27th out of 30.

I don't think that's necessarily true either. I've read on here that Duquette has made this farm system the worst in human history, yet he filled out a playoff team with about 8 pre-arb guys on the roster throughout the season.

If he's spending roughly $50M on two guys (2019 and later), he can fill out the rest of the team with 6-8 pre arb guys for 3-5M and then have around an average of 6-7M to spend on the remaining 15-17 guys.

I don't think that's necessarily true either. I've read on here that Duquette has made this farm system the worst in human history, yet he filled out a playoff team with about 8 pre-arb guys on the roster throughout the season.

If he's spending roughly $50M on two guys (2019 and later), he can fill out the rest of the team with 6-8 pre arb guys for 3-5M and then have around an average of 6-7M to spend on the remaining 15-17 guys.

People love taking pot shots, and DD is their target.

Archived