Pitching coach candidates

wildcard

The Orioles are continuing the interview process as they seek to hire a new pitching coach next week, and one candidate from outside the organization is Cardinals minor league pitching coordinator Tim Leveque.

Sources confirmed the Orioles’ interest in Leveque, who’s held his current job with the Cardinals since November 2013. However, it isn’t regarded as a frontrunner to replace Dave Wallace in Baltimore.

He’s just in the mix.

Leveque, who turns 37 next month, served as the Cardinals’ mechanics analyst/minor league rehab coordinator in 2013 before his promotion to his current role. He was pitching coach with the Gulf Coast League Cardinals in 2012, Single-A Quad Cities in 2010-2011, short-season Single-A Batavia in 2009 and rookie-league Johnson City in 2008.

Double-A Bowie pitching coach Alan Mills interviewed on Thursday. The Orioles also have interest in former Braves pitching coach Roger McDowell.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/11/hobgood-taking-a-shot-at-hitting.html

Roch Kubatko. MASNsports.com

'Sources confirmed the Orioles' interest in Tim Leveque, who's held his current job with the Cardinals since November 2013.

Leveque, who turns 37 next month, served as the Cardinals? mechanics analyst/minor league rehab coordinator in 2013 before his promotion to his current role. He was pitching coach with the Gulf Coast League Cardinals in 2012, Single-A Quad Cities in 2010-2011, short-season Single-A Batavia in 2009 and rookie-league Johnson City in 2008.

The Tigers selected Leveque in the 29th round of the 1999 draft, but he opted for a scholarship at the University of Michigan.

Double-A Bowie pitching coach Alan Mills interviewed on Thursday. The Orioles also have interest in former Braves pitching coach Roger McDowell.'

Who is the assistant in the Cardinals organization? Go get that guy.
This. Let's start pillaging organizations that develop good talent.

Roch:

* The Orioles are continuing the interview process as they seek to hire a new pitching coach next week, and one candidate from outside the organization is Cardinals minor league pitching coordinator Tim Leveque.

Sources confirmed the Orioles? interest in Leveque, who?s held his current job with the Cardinals since November 2013. However, he isn?t regarded as a frontrunner to replace Dave Wallace in Baltimore.

Mills, McDowell, and the Cardinals guy. Front office and OH are on the same page.

I'll try to find the article, but it mentioned that Mills isn't considered a "serious" candidate for the pitching coach spot, but instead for the bullpen coach spot instead, at this time.

I could see him being really good there. I could see him as pitching coach too, but I think he'd make an excellent bullpen coach, especially with the right pitching coach.

Roch had this to say:

I wonder if Scotty M would be a good guy to target. He is working with the young guys at Aberdeen?

I posted in the wrong thread about Scotty. Count me in as someone who'd love to see Scotty in Baltimore next season.

Id like to see Scotty in the role, but i dont think he really wants it. I had a chance to speak with him a couple of weeks ago and it sounded like it was more than he wanted to take on. Personally, i think he'd be fabulous. I like griffin and mills, too, and Ross Grimsley is a former pitching coach ... lots of talent around the organization.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Archived